Why would I want an attenuator when I have a master volume control on my amp. What is it that I dont know
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
An attenuator allows you to crank your tubes to full power, but get relatively low volume...

Tubes come into their own at certain power levels, but that usually makes hella volume, which is not good if your playing in your dorm or your mom's basement. So you attenuate it, and you get the tubes to the sweet spot without the raping volume.
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
So instead of my preamp distortion, I can get power distortion...all the the same volume? Sweet....

Now to save up the money...
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Quote by gruenburger
So instead of my preamp distortion, I can get power distortion...all the the same volume? Sweet....

Now to save up the money...

Yep, good ones cost a little bit
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by acdcrocks0323
All of those are overpriced. All you need is a Weber Mini Mass. Get the 25 watt one. $75 and supposedly sucks less tone because it isn't resistor based.

fo rizzle? where can i find this?
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
ive been thinking about getting one myself. I never get to play my amp unless im with my band because its so loud.
oh...so which should i get, micro or mini?
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Once you get a chance to play with real power tube distortion theres just no going back.
I have a mini 50 and am totally pleased. It does suck tone when high attenuation is used, but some of that is just the human ears frequency response changing at different volumes. I don't personally use my to get all out powertube distortion, but it can and sounds great.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
hmm ok guys. This was REALLY helpful. I did not expect such good imput

One last thing, the mini mass will work with my blues jr? I hear of some attenuators not working too well with certain amps.
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Can anyone here suggest an attentuator that is relatively cheap and available in the UK?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by gruenburger
hmm ok guys. This was REALLY helpful. I did not expect such good imput

One last thing, the mini mass will work with my blues jr? I hear of some attenuators not working too well with certain amps.

PM ECisthebest, i think he has a weber for his blues jr.
Quote by Midnight Murk
A disadvantage is that your tubes will run out quicker. It's basically the same as cranking it without the volume.

What this means is that you're more inclined to run it harder than you normally would. And it doesn't run out that much quicker.

Anyway, I would strongly suggest cranking your amp, and then using the attenuator to turn it down just so it's around shouting level of volume. Don't attenuate too much, as that doesn't sound that good.