im having problems playing the first part, where you have to barre the ebg strings on the 5th fret and the D string on the 7th fret. i cannot get it, my index finger really hurts from barring the strings trying to keep them barred right, while they are barred i cannot put my other finger on the 7th fret, it doesn't reach without hitting every other string.

the part im having problems with looks like this.....

E-------5-------
B-----5---------
G---5-----------
D-7-------------
A----------------
if it hurts to barre it, you're doing it wrong and you need to pick a different song until you can do it
errrm... Practice?
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Try barring the fret with the side of your finger, not the bottom. This'll let you curl your barring finger a bit and be able to reach the 7th fret
Quote by COBHC728
errrm... Practice?

i figured that lol but tips on how to do it can speed the process up

thanks dylpikle9
buy bigger hands

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
buy bigger hands

i'd chop off the ones i have now if i could buy thin, long, and strong fingers
It might be worth buying a smaller guitar for a while because that's a relatively small stretch.
I don't mean that in a horrible way, but it would be much more comfortable for a couple of years.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
try to curl your ring finger over the 7th fret so you don't bump the other strings, and practice bar chords to strengthen the index finger.