So I found a great deal on a line 6 spider II 75, but how is the distortion on this amp compared to the spider III 75 in terms of sheer gain and low end? I'm not talking about tone or anything, just the amount of gain I can squeeze out of the amp. (PS I don't want any spider III haters coming on here and telling me spider III's suck unconditionally. I dont care. I just want an answer to my question.) Thanks.
spider III's suck unconditionally

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Spiders suck unconditionally. PinkEdit: ^Lol see?

Seriously though, the II and III are the exact same amp, but the III has useless presets. You can get a huge amount of gain (read: too much for anything) out of the Insane channel, but it has no low end at all, it's just dynamic-less fizz.
To be honest the distortion on both these amps aren't that great. I'm not a spider-hater, but I think you'd be better off with a Flextone or Vetta. Spiders are fine if you a beginner and not really playing live or recording or anything. But I guess if you need a spider go with the 2.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
i got a spider II 75 HD and it has massive gain it`s got some lowend and it`s very dark sounding..... if you do Death metal, it`ll probly be pretty good but it`s too dark for me

when you say good deal... how good??? honestly if it`s more then say $300 look for a better amp... the spiders are kinda muddy sounding and take alot of messing around to get it dialed in.... it works as a starter amp, got a bunch of cool effects, it will get the job done, it is loud LOL... but there are better amps out there , ALOT better
marshals,vht's,and mesa boogies win on distortion.vox and fender win on cleans.vox wins on overdrive.
Quote by which ones pink
Spiders suck unconditionally. PinkEdit: ^Lol see?

Seriously though, the II and III are the exact same amp, but the III has useless presets. You can get a huge amount of gain (read: too much for anything) out of the Insane channel, but it has no low end at all, it's just dynamic-less fizz.

Are you talking about the spider II or III?

Btw for those asking how much its $180 and for now I just need a good practice/small gig amp.
Quote by athlete1
marshalls,vht's,and mesa boogies win on distortion.vox and fender win on cleans.vox wins on overdrive.

This statement about marshalls does not include the MG or AVT series.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
*duck* Ok Yes it is true spider II, and Spider III, are almost the same amp. They are designed almost the same. Except Spider III you can save a bunch more settings "which is something you may like if you do a lot of style changes."
As for distortion. It's not too good, unless you are good at tweaking. As for low end. My opinion on that is alittle biased, because I modded my spider III to have a closed back. So it has some really good low end, but that's just me. If you want some low end from a spider I'd recommended closing the back too if you get a combo.
Are the two the same amp sound-wise? Cuz I like the sound on my friend's spider III 75.
I've never used the Spider II, but the distortion on the Spider III is pretty good, as long as your willing to sit down for a while finding the perfect settings.
They are pretty much the same sound wise. The spider III has a better noise gate IMO, but when you tweak the settings enough. They are basically the same. "My buddies owns a II, I own a III. I like my III over his II, but mines got the closed back."
Quote by oneblackened
This statement about marshalls does not include the MG or AVT series.

AVTs don't sound half bad as long as you have decent speakers hooked up.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
^ truth. MG's do sound crap tho.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i´ve heard that the spider II series is better than the III series
personally i hate my line 6 spider III, but haven´t tried the spider II
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
There's a local band who's guitarist uses a 75w Spider ll and it has really low end, high gain crunch.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls