Okay guys, I'll try to just make this short - How does the c-1 elite compare to the c-1 classic? I've only had the luxury of playing the classic, which I was considering buying, but I found an elite near where I live for 300 USD and the guy has only replaced the strings once. The nearest guitar store that has one is just too far for me to go right now to play one, so I just really want to know how they compare in playability and stuff like that, just a rough overview. Thanks guys!
PWning N00bs Today!
Classic has better p'ups and is prettier.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Classic.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
playability and quality are pretty much the same, the classic is neckthrough with a maple? neck, so it'll have more sustain and a brighter tone, i find the inlay on the neck confusing, but some may find the elite's lack of an inlay confusing, so it's all up to you, personally i'd get the elite and change out the pickups to the real duncans, that way you'll essentially have the classic for 2/3 the price
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Classic has better p'ups and is prettier.

yes, hmm.. thank you for that.

Quote by COBHC728
Classic.

why though?
PWning N00bs Today!
Quote by Chad11491
playability and quality are pretty much the same, the classic is neckthrough with a maple? neck, so it'll have more sustain and a brighter tone, i find the inlay on the neck confusing, but some may find the elite's lack of an inlay confusing, so it's all up to you, personally i'd get the elite and change out the pickups to the real duncans, that way you'll essentially have the classic for 2/3 the price

cool, so all i'm really missing out on is a neck-through?
PWning N00bs Today!
classic for sure. Have one. love it. Forgetting about the 5 way pickup selector for two humbuckers pretty kick ass. Real Seymour Duncan pickups not Duncan design. Paint job is gorgeous on the body and inlay too. If the inlay is confusing, there are dots on the top of the neck to help you find the 3,5,7,9,12, ect... You definitely wouldn't be disappointed if u payed a little more to get the classic. But thats my opinion
Gear:
Line 6 Spider II 112 combo
Digitech Distortion Factory
Squier Stratocaster(hot rail installed)
Schecter C-1 Classic (New and amazing!!)
I would get the C-1 Elite and put pickups of my choice in it instead with the xtra money, but that's just because I'm not a big fan of the JB.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
hey guys, thanks for all the info and everything, it's been a big help, but is there anybody that has played them both?
PWning N00bs Today!
Quote by NinjaTrainer
hey guys, thanks for all the info and everything, it's been a big help, but is there anybody that has played them both?

There really isn't going to be much of a difference in the playability (yes, I've tried them both). If you like the playability of one, you'll like the other as well. The big difference is in tone and construction. The neck-through of the Classic has better sustain, as well as actual Seymour Duncan pickups (a rather good set I might add).

The Elite's neck is a set neck, although the way Schecter makes the joint, it feels like a neck-through, so again it's going to feel very similar. It uses Duncan Designed HB-102 pickups (although for Duncan Designs, they're not bad), and the control scheme is a little different.

Then of course there's the difference of looks. That's about it.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."