So I've been playing drums for about three years making due with this piece of crap drum set. And it is time to get a new one. Duct tape and home improvement jobs will only work for so long. I'm wondering what makes a good drum set, like the type of wood the drums are made out of. My set now is a Titan (some off brand company) and they are made of some hard wood stuff. I borrowed a set from my friend and they are made out of a plywood look alike material. My friend's set is much better then mine. If someone could please tell me what a good set of drums are made out of, that would be awesome! Thanks.
Two letters: DW
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Idk about materials, but I've been looking at intermediate kits and I have found the best to be the Diablo punx set (high quality sh*t) and the Tama Imperialstar (great drums all around. hope this helps a little
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
pearl export. change the stock heads and you'll have a terrific intermediate kit