I've been looking for soundclips or videos of someone using this set, I still havent found any... I've already tried emginc.com..
Does someone have one?
just find clips of EMG 81/85 , thats what the KFK set are plus they come with the PA-2 gain booster

i gotta say there f**King GREAT... the PA-2 booster is a god send for gain AND sustain
If the booster is a godsend what happens when you use those and the 18V mod.
Quote by jake911
If the booster is a godsend what happens when you use those and the 18V mod.

HAHA... a sticky mess after you cream yourself LOL

i`m hopin i`m gonna find out soon, i wanna do the 18 V mod to my Warlock
Im going to get that set in about 2 weeks or so... How good is the switch?
I have EMG 81/85's.. I'll say get them if you only play metal..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
I have EMG 81/85's.. I'll say get them if you only play metal..

I play some blues also but mostly metal..
So basically the Kerry King set only has the extra distortion switch and the pickups are the same as the EMG 81/85? If so, they'll sound the same just with an extra distortion when the switch is activated?
Sorry Im a noob at pickup changing xD
Quote by Shad11
I play some blues also but mostly metal..
So basically the Kerry King set only has the extra distortion switch and the pickups are the same as the EMG 81/85? If so, they'll sound the same just with an extra distortion when the switch is activated?
Sorry Im a noob at pickup changing xD

yes... and that swich is crazy, it`s basicly like having an overdrive pedal.

i recommened getting the KFK set

but like someone else said they are basicly a metal pickup only... although they do pull off cleans... if you wanna know what the cleans sound like listen to Seasons in the Abyss, 213, Spill the Blood or Final six... all Slayer songs. and King plays the cleans in all of them.
PA2 adds another 20 Db of gain like it's cousin the AB Afterburner it's a push/pull switch unlike the PA2's flip switch.

Back on topic the KFK set has crazy gain and be nice 'n easy at the same time.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by Slayerdeath
yes... and that swich is crazy, it`s basicly like having an overdrive pedal.

i recommened getting the KFK set

but like someone else said they are basicly a metal pickup only... although they do pull off cleans... if you wanna know what the cleans sound like listen to Seasons in the Abyss, 213, Spill the Blood or Final six... all Slayer songs. and King plays the cleans in all of them.

Awesome !
Once I get them Ill do the 18v mod, I've heard the difference and it sounds amazing
^ That's not what the thread is about. You're only going to recommend not getting the set if the amp is not so good. If he wants them, he wants them.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
^ That's not what the thread is about. You're only going to recommend not getting the set if the amp is not so good. If he wants them, he wants them.

Foiled again! if it werent for you stupid kids and your orange heads! hahaha jk... but we wan't him to be aware that new pups arent gonna make a bad amp sound good
Quote by Highwaytohell
Foiled again! if it werent for you stupid kids and your orange heads! hahaha jk... but we wan't him to be aware that new pups arent gonna make a bad amp sound good

this is true

BUT they will make a bad amp sound better, and when you do get to buy a good amp, they`ll be amazing
Quote by Slayerdeath
this is true

BUT they will make a bad amp sound better, and when you do get to buy a good amp, they`ll be amazing

True, but an upgrade from a crap amp to a good amp is going to make a lot more of a difference compared to crap pickups to good pickups.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
True, but an upgrade from a crap amp to a good amp is going to make a lot more of a difference compared to crap pickups to good pickups.

I have a Spider III HD 150 head with the cab... I know I'll get bashed for it but to me it sounds great, that's what counts right?
instead of buying new pickups sell that amp and get a new amp.

But each to his own.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by Highwaytohell
we wan't him to be aware that new pups arent gonna make a bad amp sound good

I know that already, I want the pickups because of the aggressive tone they have, pinch harmonics, sustain, etc etc...
Quote by Shad11
I know that already, I want the pickups because of the aggressive tone they have, pinch harmonics, sustain, etc etc...

I also have a Spider amp 1/2 stack... gets the job done and is flippin LOUD anyway... i`m trying to get myself a Marshall JCM2000 DSL which is a tube amp, because the spider is just an entry level amp and i`ve pretty much out grown it and now want a real tube amp.

your spider will hold those pickups back

now with that said, when you do get the KFK EMG`s dail the gain back on your head.. i run my gain on the Metal channel at 3 1/2 don`t worry the PA2 gain switch will make up for the gain

if you run max gain out of your guitar and max gain on your amp it`s gonna sound like mud

once you get the EMG`s your probly gonna change all the settings in your amp.. i know i did and my nephew can`t use my head with his guitar and i can`t use my guitar with his head because they sound horrible, his head is set for passive pickups and my head is set for my EMG`s

also what guitar do you play? and how long have you had your spider?
Quote by Slayerdeath
I also have a Spider amp 1/2 stack... gets the job done and is flippin LOUD anyway... i`m trying to get myself a Marshall JCM2000 DSL which is a tube amp, because the spider is just an entry level amp and i`ve pretty much out grown it and now want a real tube amp.

your spider will hold those pickups back

now with that said, when you do get the KFK EMG`s dail the gain back on your head.. i run my gain on the Metal channel at 3 1/2 don`t worry the PA2 gain switch will make up for the gain

if you run max gain out of your guitar and max gain on your amp it`s gonna sound like mud

once you get the EMG`s your probly gonna change all the settings in your amp.. i know i did and my nephew can`t use my head with his guitar and i can`t use my guitar with his head because they sound horrible, his head is set for passive pickups and my head is set for my EMG`s

also what guitar do you play? and how long have you had your spider?

I play a Schecter Omen 6, I've had my amp since november..
Once I start college I'm going to get a job.. I'll save up for a peavey or mesa head
LOL ^^ i guess i shoulda looked under your name for the guitar you play. you havn`t had your amp that long , neither have i... but those EMG`s will make your amp scream... and if you have a floyd on your guitar , the wammy bar and pinch harmonics will become your friend real fast
Quote by Slayerdeath
LOL ^^ i guess i shoulda looked under your name for the guitar you play. you havn`t had your amp that long , neither have i... but those EMG`s will make your amp scream... and if you have a floyd on your guitar , the wammy bar and pinch harmonics will become your friend real fast

Niiiice