Hello. I'm thinking of buying White Blood Cells by the White Stripes, or, Broken Boy Soldiers by the Raconteurs. I am a fan of classic and new rock and I happened upon the White Blood Cells album. I think it's their best album. Can anyone recommend it for me?
Modern rock forum would be better than here.

But White Blood Cells is a good cd
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
White Blood Cells, definitely.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
White Blood Cells...do it
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Or De Stijl. Or their self-titled.

Goooood stuff.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
My least favourite album by the Stripes is WBC. All the albums are good, but there seems to be soemthing missing from it. I'd suggest Elephant or Icky Thump.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
yea id definetly recommen Elephant or Icky Thump. Broken Boy Soliders is really good to.
ED REED BABY
All good stuff in my opinion, but Elephant or WBC's is a good entering point for the world of Jack White I think.
Another vote for Elephant - very, very good album, and accessible.

The unwashed masses tend to fixate on 7 Nation Army, but half the album is truly great. The other half's very listenable, too.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Damascus at Mar 4, 2008,
get Broken Boy Soldiers.

you won't regret it
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Quote by RyanInChains9
get Broken Boy Soldiers.

you won't regret it

I agree. Raconteurs>White Stripes.

But more importantly, I would recommend Jack White never go out of his way to look like Zorro again.

By the way, does he make anyone else here think of Tim Burton movies?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
^He didn't have the Zorro look when I saw him, it was just a... theme for GBMS really.

And not really. Although he can look freaky at times.
Elephant's the only White Stripes album I've got, but some of the songs are real stand-outs. Hardest Button To Button, and the closing one with the British lady, especially.

Then there's a few, as in literally 2 or 3, that are just cheesy.
Quote by red157
That should be true, but the songs (At least on the first album, can't wait for the new one) are of a lesser quality that the Stripes.

No way, dude.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

not at all, every song on Broken Boy Soldiers is amazing where as when I listen to the White Stripes it feels like some songs are just there for filler purposes.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Quote by RyanInChains9
not at all, every song on Broken Boy Soldiers is amazing where as when I listen to the White Stripes it feels like some songs are just there for filler purposes.

That's pretty much the way I feel about it. There's only a few songs on each White Stripes album that I'm actually excited to hear. And I generally dislike Jack's voice, so it't nice to hear someone else to sing with him. The only song on BBS that's not really to my liking is "Blue Veins." But that's just because it doesn't really fit, not that it's a bad song.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by red157
For me yes... Live I can't comment, but every single White Stripes record > Broken Boy Soldiers.

The only albums I really think are better than Broken Boy Soldiers are White Blood Cells, De Stijl, and Get Behind Me Satan.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
imo, the best white stripes album is their self-titled.
track 12 is good fun.
either that, or elephant.
Elephant is very accessible, you can try the De Stilj (Hello Operator is awesome).

For Broken Boy Soldiers, it's a very good moder rock, but if you're not convinced, try watching a few videos on youtube... (bang bang especially). The record doesn't do them credit I'm afraid...
"To enter you must really hate the romans
-I do!
-Oh yeah? How much?
-A lot!
-...Right, you're in"

Monty Python's Life of Brian
De Stijl is the best, but pretty much every White Stripes album is great.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Heh, I recently put my White Stripes album (Minus Icky Thump since i haven't put it on my PC) collection on this P.C. Great to listen to them again. There's No Home For You, I that one now.
You should definately start out with Elephant or White Blood Cells. However, Icky Thump and De Stijl are also great albums. Their Self Titled album is also good, but it's not the greatest starting point. Whatever you do, make sure You really like the White Stripes before trying Get Behind Me Satan. Broken Boy Soldiers is also very good