Is there any easy way to get the tremolo springs in the back cavity of a regular Fender tremolo out?
What I Play
70% classic rock, 20% metal, 10% blues

Guitar
Fender Highway One Stratocaster - SSS

Amplifier
Line 6 Spider III 15

Pedals
Vox V-847A Wah
Pop the top end close to the screws with a screw driver. Comes right out.
Schecter Synyster custom

Washburn custom ( I remodeled)

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

How many vegetarians does it take to eat a cow?

One if no one is looking.
Tune the guitar down a bit so it doesn't fly off or who knows when it comes off. take off the back cover. pull the desired springs off.

BUT. BE CAREFUL!!! If you take too many springs off your guitar will sound like ****. That's not good. So If you plan on having less than 3 forget about it. Also, if you bought new springs to replace the old ones, then you are an idiot unless you've had the guitar forever. It's not something that you really should be replacing that often.
Well, what I'm doing is adding a spring. I'm moving up from 3 to 4, so I need to rearrange them.
What I Play

Guitar

Amplifier
Line 6 Spider III 15

Pedals
Vox V-847A Wah
I would use needle nose pliers, that way you can have a hold of them so they don't pop out and hit you in the face.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by korn klown 14
Pop the top end close to the screws with a screw driver. Comes right out.

I'm having a lot of trouble with this. Could you be a little more specific? Like, do you mean just hook the end of a screwdriver into the little ring that goes around the claw and pull?

EDIT: For those finding this post in a search, I ended up loosening all of the strings so that they were totally slack. This took enough tension off the springs that I was able to remove them by hand.
What I Play

Guitar

Amplifier
Line 6 Spider III 15

Pedals
Vox V-847A Wah
Last edited by ColCommunism at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by ColCommunism
I'm having a lot of trouble with this. Could you be a little more specific? Like, do you mean just hook the end of a screwdriver into the little ring that goes around the claw and pull?

You can do that part by hand. The part at the tremolo may actually need the leverage from a screwdriver.

My Floyd Rose springs refuse to move