Tom Petty
Jeff lynne

Tell me a band with more talented and famous members

Peace,love&rock'nroll
Last edited by lukewhiteside at Mar 3, 2008,
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
In my experience, no amount of talent can replace vision and solidarity as a group, neither of which the TW displayed very well, that being said, they were pretty damned good.

I have a bootlegged copy of the TWs and John Fogerty, it kicks ass
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Hobolad
Registered Oozer
60 IQ
Such a fun group! And yeah, I agree, underrated.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
Their first album is fun and laid back. Its good to put on just to relax.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Hobolad
Registered Oozer
60 IQ
The second one (Volume 3) has it's moments too. Dylan's vocals on If You Belonged to Me are ace.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Roy McCartney
I'm fine
228 IQ
I think Volume 3 has the best songs: You took my breath away, Poor house, my baby are my fav.
Wulver
Nothing is Real
2,800 IQ
Considering it was nothing but a fun little side project for these guys, it's amazing just how good most of the music is. I've only heard Volume 1, and only keep about five of the songs on my iPod (the best ones), but it's all pretty good, mixed in with some absolutely outstanding stuff.

Think I might try and get one of these sometime: http://www.vintagesilvertones.com/forsale_gretsch_tw200.html
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Dylanesque2
29 IQ
I love playing End of the Line Great band/collection of musicians. I recently bought the rereleased albums, with DVD included; great little documentary, would advise all to see it!
Tolling for the searching ones, on their speechless, seeking trail
For the lonesome-hearted lovers with too personal a tale
Roy McCartney
I'm fine
228 IQ
They used to say that they didn't care about their albums' succes, but after all they won the platinum disc for the volume 1. I almost cry when I saw the True Story... on the part when they're recording the "End of the Line" video without Roy Orbison, and they put his guitar on the chair. In the video when I see that part I feel.....you know.....aawwww!
DayTripper1967
Banned
604 IQ
handle with care is a great song, though i would have prefered it more if harrison sang all the parts, i think petty and dylan's part "everybody's got somebody to lean on" (or whatever they say) just sounds so off for some reason.

good group though.
I am the Drake
Problem Child
517 IQ
They were pretty good. Considering all of the great people that were in the band they could have done much better though. I still think that they were pretty great though.
Wulver
Nothing is Real
2,800 IQ
Quote by I am the Drake
They were pretty good. Considering all of the great people that were in the band they could have done much better though. I still think that they were pretty great though.

Well, they really didn't put too much effort into it. It was just a side project, a nice little diversion. Take it from that perspective, and it's quite amazing stuff.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Small Print
Lift Your Skinny Fists!
192 IQ
They're just a fun band, which is amazing considering the egos in the band. Very refreshing.
MTVget0FFtheAIR
Climbing the Totem Pole
415 IQ
Quote by Small Print
They're just a fun band, which is amazing considering the egos in the band. Very refreshing.

exactly. if they had actually put a lot of time and effort into this band, it would have been catastrophic to human society. it's likely their songs would have been so damn good that entire civilizations would fade into extinction solely because everybody spent all of their time and money on TW albums and memorabilia and no longer had a desire for anything else, including sexual reproduction. humans would have been destroyed forever. therefore, the CIA saw to it that the band kept it leisurely and effortless.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Wulver
Nothing is Real
2,800 IQ
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
exactly. if they had actually put a lot of time and effort into this band, it would have been catastrophic to human society. it's likely their songs would have been so damn good that entire civilizations would fade into extinction solely because everybody spent all of their time and money on TW albums and memorabilia and no longer had a desire for anything else, including sexual reproduction. humans would have been destroyed forever. therefore, the CIA saw to it that the band kept it leisurely and effortless.

But, that means......the CIA killed Roy Orbison!!

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Pinballwizard93
72 IQ
Quote by Roy McCartney
They used to say that they didn't care about their albums' succes, but after all they won the platinum disc for the volume 1. I almost cry when I saw the True Story... on the part when they're recording the "End of the Line" video without Roy Orbison, and they put his guitar on the chair. In the video when I see that part I feel.....you know.....aawwww!

Yeah it is pretty sad. kinda wierd though, cause that part is where the lights start flickering and the chair starts rocking with his guitar in it. sad and creepy. Roy seemed like a good guy.
The views expressed in this post are not that of the user and, as such, they shall be disregarded by all mods. Due to this binding clause, warnings/bannings can no longer take place.
Roy McCartney
I'm fine
228 IQ
Well, I won't deny that awesome theory about the end of the humans. They were old-rock-pioneers, so they didn't have a single reason to put effort, but they were good friends and the succes was not a matter of life and death
jucsville
srjguitarist
24 IQ
you forgot to include neil young. he was one of the original members
Rounder01
blues/rock/grunge!
698 IQ
Traveling wilburys are a group with so much Starpower....

Bob Dylan's songwriting and George Harrison's Guitar work = god.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Griffin*
32 IQ
Quote by Roy McCartney
Neil Young is gay

you're a moron
Rounder01
blues/rock/grunge!
698 IQ
Quote by Griffin*
you're a moron

+1

Such a idiotic statement on so many levels.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Quote by Roy McCartney
Neil Young is gay
Get the fuck out of the Classic Rock forum.

I have a Wilburys CD somewhere around here. I should give it another listen, it's been a while.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
lukewhiteside
557 IQ
^for real
neil young is one of or THE best folk-rock artists ever
But i didnt know he was a member of the band
RHCP94
So hood rich
591 IQ
Neil Young was NOT in the Wilburys.

That being said, I think the most remarkable feat of the band is being able to encompass both a Beatle and Dylan, arguably the two greatest rock musicians in history. The others are just icing on the cake.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
I own all of The Traveling Wilburry's albums, and though I enjoy them, I honestly think that the band never lived up to the potential that the names of its members gave it.

Still a good band, of course, but far from the most underrated.
defleppettychik
236 IQ
I love Tom Petty.He is soooo cool!
"I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.."

RIP Jimmy Sullivan<3
big geordie
144 IQ
The travelling Wilbury's are total sh1te and even the thought of them offends me (sorry I am prepared to be flamed )
Womage
UG's shy Guern.
17 IQ
They're great band despite the above post, I have the CD somewhere.
LordBaxtus
319 IQ
I love the Traveling Wilburys. Every time I hear one of their songs I get the feeling that these people were having a ton of fun doing this, and would've played together even if they didn't sell a single record.
sevensadforests
10 IQ
My step-dad had Vol. 1 and 3 on casette and introduced them to me when I started getting into the Beatles and Dylan. The fact that they wrote such good music while just having fun is pretty inspiring.
fattypumbaa
FattyPumbaa
559 IQ
Since Bob Dylan and Tom Petty are the greatest things to ever happen to music I must agree. Although Cream had some god damn **** load of talent too.