Its a rule.....

If they can't speak english, then they shouldn't be able to do it.

What if they were in a building about to collapse, and the chief is yelling "GET OUT!!!! GET OUT!!!!". They would probably stare at each other and be like "lol, que?".

There is no reason they can't learn english.

It's for their own safety.

EDIT:

I just read the article and understood it.

Forget anything I said, that is just plain ridiculous.
doesn't seem right, but it's fox news, so theres probably some kind of bias on its opinion.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
if a boss is willing to hire somebody based on work ethic is one thing, but regardless of the language spoken by the person being hired should have any affect on anything. with that being said though, the person hiring others should speak other languages fluently.
that's retarded, make the workers learn english.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Quote by toshiro umezewa
agreed.
unfortunately, english isnt the official language of the united states, so it's not mandatory to learn it to be here.

I think it should be. If Europeans and Asians have to, why shouldn't the Hispanics?
Quote by Atomic48
Ahaha I love irony. Anyone else?

I love irony when it's actually ironic...

And at least our firemen get fired for legitimate reasons, like putting themselves in tumbledryers when on duty, filming it, and putting the video on youtube.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I love irony when it's actually ironic...

And at least our firemen get fired for legitimate reasons, like putting themselves in tumbledryers when on duty, filming it, and putting the video on youtube.

link please
Every other immigrant group to come to the US has successfully integrated English into their lives, and use it. Why not now?
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
If the bosses really want to fight fires, then they have to change with the game. They should've seen this coming, but even if not, they should be allowed a brief time to learn some basic spanish before getting demoted...It doesn't really seem like it should be a problem.
Quote by deathbyawesome
doesn't seem right, but it's fox news, so theres probably some kind of bias on its opinion.

true
thats complete bs though. 1 person out of 20 speaks spanish, so the boss has to learn it or he loses his job? what about the rest of the firefighters in the unit? wouldnt it be as important, if not more that they speak it as well?
god damn spics have respect and learn the language like every other ****ing ethnicity
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga