Alright so you know how the greatest scenes to movies are set to music that matches it perfectly?

I'm going to make a film that is set to music. Not like a musical or a music video, but like a music film.

What I have in mind will be amazing

I plan to write all the music myself and it will be really orchestrated

What do you guys think?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
so kinda like a music video then but longer?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
so kinda like a music video then but longer?

like a full length movie
How will this work, exactly?

Quote by tossup

Ah. Good luck with that.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by En_zed

Ah. Good luck with that.

****ing Pink Floyd! I never knew about that

That won't stop me though
Quote by TDKshorty
****ing Pink Floyd! I never knew about that

That won't stop me though

Good. I always love films like these.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Go for it. I'd watch it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Originality is the key to creativity. If you've got your mind set to it, and you work hard (very hard) at it...go for it.
Nope. None at all.
I've never seen Across the Universe, but I thouht it was a musical
Opera was invented long ago.

Also, orchestration is very difficult. As a beginning composer, I can tell you that writing for an orchestra is not something you can get over night. It takes years of practice and study. I don't mean to sound cynical, but you may be biting off more than you can chew, unless this is a project that will span over many years.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Opera was invented long ago.

Also, orchestration is very difficult. As a beginning composer, I can tell you that writing for an orchestra is not something you can get over night. It takes years of practice and study. I don't mean to sound cynical, but you may be biting off more than you can chew, unless this is a project that will span over many years.

I hope to finish it within the next 2 years

but all the music will be written by me, and, while I won't be getting a full orchrestra, unless I happen to, though its not in the plans, but i'll make use of all sorts of instruments

This will probably be the death of me, because when I do something artful I tend to go crazy and escape reality

so, if you guys see the movie, you'll know i'm dead
Quote by TDKshorty

but all the music will be written by me, and, while I won't be getting a full orchrestra, unless I happen to, though its not in the plans, but i'll make use of all sorts of instruments.

Orchestration, regardless of what kind of media you set up, is hard. It takes a lot of mental harnessing. While I don't doubt that you can get the hang of it eventually, I do want to warn you, it will be anything but easy.

But if you have any questions or problems in composing, feel free to ask me. I'll try to help, even though my experiences are limited as well.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Orchestration, regardless of what kind of media you set up, is hard. It takes a lot of mental harnessing. While I don't doubt that you can get the hang of it eventually, I do want to warn you, it will be anything but easy.

But if you have any questions or problems in composing, feel free to ask me. I'll try to help, even though my experiences are limited as well.

Well like I said, it'll be the death of me, cuz I'm going to put all my entity into it
You guys know what pisses me off? teh gaiz who talk liek this are teh 1s that always seem 2 b posting teh threads about how their girlfriends might be pregnant.

Why are the stupid ones getting laid, meanwhile.. I have to be here in this thread of epic phail that has already been done?

Anyway, Fantasia.

Edit: OH! I see whose thread this is. I changed my mind. I fully support this.. I just had a few things I needed to get off my chest about those guys who get teh sex.

Anyway.. Regardless. What's the movie going to be about anyway?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 5, 2008,
Y'mean like the silent movies, back in the 20's?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
you should make it about a deaf dumb and blind kid who plays pinball.

oh wait....

but seriously, that movie sucked.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
you should make it about a deaf dumb and blind kid who plays pinball.

oh wait....

but seriously, that movie sucked.

They should have made him fat and ugly, too.

But seriously, you're missing the point of that movie. Look, the kid was alone.. he had nothing going for him but a few skills, which were a remarkable achievement.. Basically, it's an allegory for Pete Townshend, who despite being as lame as he is, still coming out on top.

...Actually,you're right. That movie did suck.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

yeah, have you ever heard of The Wall?
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by Jack Off Jill
They should have made him fat and ugly, too.

But seriously, you're missing the point of that movie. Look, the kid was alone.. he had nothing going for him but a few skills, which were a remarkable achievement.. Basically, it's an allegory for Pete Townshend, who despite being as lame as he is, still coming out on top.

...Actually,you're right. That movie did suck.
so if i get molested as a child i can be as good as pete townsend?

im weighing my options as we speak...
I have no opinion on this matter.
^IT could be like the Wall, except not lame. Sorry Wall fans, I just really hated that movie, and that record.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Zugunruhe
so if i get molested as a child i can be as good as pete townsend?

im weighing my options as we speak...

Hey comes off as real whiny to me. "Waah im lanky and british"
The movie will be a mix between "Candy" "Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind" and "Stay" as far as the emotion and connection to the main charecter, which is what I'm going for
You should watch The Wall. It's a truly eye-opening experience.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.