just wondering can u have a active pickup in the bridge and have a passive in the neck, just wondering cause i wanna put a 81 in my bridge and a dimarzio evolution in my neck
I think it takes some very creative wiring to make it work; I've never seen it done.

Just one question: if you're changing pickups what amp are you putting them through?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ibanezdestr0yer
I think its possible. Dude from kreator uses an emg 81 n seymour duncan. i think lol

It could be an SD blackout, they're active. Anyway it's definitely possible it's just difficult and very rare; you'd need some way of balancing the output from the pickups so you don't get a drastic volume change going from one to the other because no passive pickup will ever match an active for output.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.