And I'll probably end up finishing this year or school with a ~3.6 GPA. While not bad by any standards, it's a lot lower than I wanted it to be for college applications.

My question is this: Since I scored high on the ACT and SAT tests, will that help my chances of getting into a good college even with a 3.6 GPA? (34 ACT, 2200 SAT) I guess my real question is what do colleges really look at more?

Thanks for taking the time to read/answer this as it has been frequently on my mind lately.
IIIIIII
Colleges have become more and more multidimensional in reviewing applicants. Sometimes a really good essay can convince them. Other times, uniqueness and leadership quality attracts them. There really are a lot more non-grade factors weighing in more in their considerations now, which may or may not be a good thing. However, those GPA and scores are pretty impressive by most standards. You're safe in that aspect. However, work on a good essay, one that proves your individuality and independence and passion. Include any interesting activities and works in your resume. Present yourself as a person, not a statistic.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
couldn't have said it better... listen to Xiaoxi
"The road ahead is lined with broken dreams, so walk, just walk on by..."
Well some collages have a miniumum gpa, so they automatically reject people without the minimum, but im sure many make exceptions if your other qualifications are good, thats a really good act btw, my sister only got a 24 haha
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by synopsize
And I'll probably end up finishing this year or school with a ~3.6 GPA. While not bad by any standards, it's a lot lower than I wanted it to be for college applications.

My question is this: Since I scored high on the ACT and SAT tests, will that help my chances of getting into a good college even with a 3.6 GPA? (34 ACT, 2200 SAT) I guess my real question is what do colleges really look at more?

Thanks for taking the time to read/answer this as it has been frequently on my mind lately.

wow lucky, I'll graduate with a 3.00 but i got really high sat score so
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
dude i got a 32 and a 3.4 and i got into everywhere i wanted to go with a hell of a lot of money, full ride to my second college. you just gotta have a few outside activities. the valedictorian my brothers year had a 4.5, a 35, and something ridiculous on the sat, but no job, no outside activities whatsoever, lets just say he got less than everyone else in the top 20
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Well I scored perfect on the SAT exam.

No, i'm just kidding, I don't live in the States like most of the suckers on UG. HA!
peanuts and beers
are you a minority? cause i'm hispanic and i have a 3.6, 28 act, 1830 sat. with that, the university of arizona and arizona state both offered me close to full rides.

colleges looking to diversify will often throw acceptance letters your way.
Go Veg.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
Well some collages have a miniumum gpa, so they automatically reject people without the minimum, but im sure many make exceptions if your other qualifications are good, thats a really good act btw, my sister only got a 24 haha

Hey, thats what i got on my ACTs
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
What's your class rank?
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Your GPA and SAT scores are weighted differently in the admissions process in every college so it really depends which college you're applying to.
I had a 3.58 and got into a very selective school. 2200 is a great SAT score. If you took honors classes, have good extra extracurriculars, and write a good essay, you should have a good shot at lots of selective schools.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Translation: I wanted to brag about my high standardized test scores.

Just kidding. I had a 3.23 in highschool and I got into Ohio State University. It's a public school but a degree from there is about as good as one from anywhere else that's not ivy-league. Got a 33 ACT, and a bunch of good extracurricular activities, sports, choir, and school musicals.

There are four big factors: GPA, extracurriculars, test scores, and your essay. If you're "pretty good" on 3 of those then you'll be fine... and with test scores like yours, you can probably go almost anywhere. Scholarship, well, maybe not... but it's worth a look. Also, it's better to have lower grades in more difficult classes (for example, an AP course) than it is to have a good grade in an easy course (introduction to ceramics). I took several AP courses in high school and 5 years of Spanish and even though I had a lower GPA than my friend, I got accepted and he was deferred.

And even if you don't make it into your college of choice, no big deal, you can always start somewhere else, less lustrous, probably cheaper, and transfer over.
wow what you guys have said has relaxed me quite a bit.

i was absoloutely convinced i would need a almost 4.0 to get into my college of choice the university of southern california and i currently have a 3.95 going into junior year, but now realizing that i have been on ASB, play guitar, and are going to play 4 years of sports and am taking ap classes i feel like so much pressure has been lifted off my shoulders, whew