In 50 years
20 7%
In 100 years
7 2%
Never
211 70%
Voters: 301.
Page 1 of 3
Well I'm talking about bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Beatles, The Who, and all the bands from the 60's/70's.

Edit:I'm talking about the music BEFORE the punk revolution.
peanuts and beers
Last edited by Infatuation at Mar 4, 2008,
about 40 years ago...
but in all seriousness, when the emos win the war (and they will)
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
NEVER! Zeppelin will live on forever!!

Really I don't know, I don't think that a lot of the next few generations are going to like it as much as the previous ones. So it's only a matter of time before it dies off.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Ok, in that case, I say it's gonna die off by next generation. It's pretty dead now, among non guitar playing kids.

(edited because I originally said 50 years, and I'm tired and didn't mean that =p)
Last edited by shred745 at Mar 3, 2008,
Quote by shred745
How do you define "pass away"...?

As in kids will stop wearing Zepplin/Stones shirts even though they only know like 3 Zepplin songs.
People still enjoy Mozart and other 19th century composers, why do you think classic rock will die out quicker than those?
Quote by druz15_UG
about 40 years ago...

Seriously?

lol emoz are killing our music

"Emo" music is getting popular. Deal with it. Music changes constantly.
idk but classic rock needs to make a comeback and get rid of this new punk pop fag **** and emo **** because there is no good music like there was the only good music is metal and classic rock
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Did classical music "pass away"? No, people still listen to it. Same with jazz blues folk and many other genres of music.
It's a rediculous question if it didn't happen to any other genres why would a massively popular genre like classic rock "pass away"?
Quote by SilentGhost
As in kids will stop wearing Zepplin/Stones shirts even though they only know like 3 Zepplin songs.

It's spelled "Zeppelin" and don't stereotype all of us because of some stupid people. I have a Stairway To Heaven shirt and I own all of Led Zeppelin's studio albums.

Quote by freedoms_stain
People still enjoy Mozart and other 19th century composers, why do you think classic rock will die out quicker than those?

Good point, especially since there are still rock artists that are popular. Maybe people will continue to appreciate where their music came from, but who knows.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by NGMF-Sam
idk but classic rock needs to make a comeback and get rid of this new punk pop fag **** and emo **** because there is no good music like there was the only good music is metal and classic rock

Ok, I love both genres, but don't make us fans look like complete morons. STFU
Quote by playinbass1432
Quoting AC/DC

"Rock and Roll will never die"

Quoting Neil Young

"Rock and roll will never die"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
are you kidding? they just added zeppelin on freaking itunes. if zeppelin can survive through gangsta rap and emo and MTV, it can survive through anything.
there will always be classic rock fans.
In the upcoming generation for sure. Kids are too idiotic and are just heards of sheep... just seeing themselves through the eyes of others rather than their own.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
the only good music is metal and classic rock

(not laughing because i agree)

it was a joke, i wasn't even aware there was a war. I am dealing with it, by not buying cd's that i don't enjoy
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by thsrayas
It's spelled "Zeppelin" and don't stereotype all of us because of some stupid people. I have a Stairway To Heaven shirt and I own all of Led Zeppelin's studio albums.

I'm sure that you know more than 3 'Zeppelin' songs so obviously, it doesn't apply to you. I mean those kids who don't even own a Zeppelin album and they still have the shirt, just because 'everyone else has one'.
Quote by druz15_UG
about 40 years ago...

They will grow up eventually.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by druz15_UG
(not laughing because i agree)

it was a joke, i wasn't even aware there was a war. I am dealing with it, by not buying cd's that i don't enjoy

Ok that works.Its good to see some people arent ignorant elitists.
Quote by shred745
Ok, I love both genres, but don't make us fans look like complete morons. STFU

whats that ur pussy hurts?

cry
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by SilentGhost
I'm sure that you know more than 3 'Zeppelin' songs so obviously, it doesn't apply to you. I mean those kids who don't even own a Zeppelin album and they still have the shirt, just because 'everyone else has one'.

Yeah I get your point, we had a bunch of those losers at my high school. But I do see a lot of people on here that think anybody that wears a Dark Side Of The Moon, AC/DC or Zeppelin shirt are just posers, it's kind of annoying. But people that do wear those shirts should at least be aware that Led Zeppelin is a band, stupid ignorant tools.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
Ok that works.Its good to see some people arent ignorant elitists.

Yeah, *looks at "ZOMG METAL ROOLZ EMOZ SUK THEY CANT SHRED!!!" guy*

love ur avator "not now Jerry!"
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by mike.h
In the upcoming generation for sure. Kids are too idiotic and are just heards of sheep... just seeing themselves through the eyes of others rather than their own.

Not "all" of them.

There'll always be a few who are into something different than whatever the trend of the day is, and some of them might want to hear where the music they listen to came from.

Hardly anyone on UG lived through classic rock, but there are still plenty of fans among us.
at least not til im dead
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The popularity of any music will diminish with time, but I think people collectively attempt to preserve them. So while classic rock may never truly die (as in cease to be played or heard or documented), less and less people may be drawn to it in the future.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
it may live on, it may not.
lets hope zeppelin and the beatles continue to thrive.
but there is a lot of good music out there today that is overlooked (IMO)
one perfect example: the Shins.
Quote by Infatuation
Well I'm talking about bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Beatles, The Who, and all the bands from the 60's/70's.

it probably won't
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Music never "passes away".

People are still listening to Bach, Mozart, Pachelbel, Beethoven, etc...

Although those guys were MUCH greater than ANY classic rock band.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
Seriously?

lol emoz are killing our music

I agree. Kind of like during the late 90's when Nu Metal started to get popular and all the grunge fans started complaining. Music evolves, doesn't mean that it will always be good and look at the bright side no one is making you listen to music you don't like.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
lemme tell you something:

quote by ACDC:

"Rock n roll aint noise pollution"

if Classic Rock can live past the baby boomers' parents, it can live through 6 simoultaneous zombie holocausts, 11 ice ages and globals warming...at the same time...

Seriously, if bands like Zeppelin, The Beatles, Rush, and Humble Pie can withstand millions of angry parents in the 60's storming record companies claiming "if you play stairway to heaven backwards it sends satanic messages!!!", my children will be old and gray, THEIR children will be complaining of "that freakin' Led Zeppelin crap that my kid always plays".

end of story
Quote by Benjibum
I know you not, but speak to my very heart you do.

I have that effect on people
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
GO SENS GO!
im sure it will eventually. maybe 50-100 years.

i mean, there isnt a huge group of people that still listen to music from the 1920's. its not going to totally disappear, but i think in that amount of time it wont be all that popular anymore.
It's hard to say imo. A lot of classic rock bands and artists are still actively recording and touring so it's easy for young people to experience them and get into classic rock. Once they're all dead youngsters might lose interest. Jazz artists like Bix Beiderbecke, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, and so on were huge once but now the only kids that are into them are musicians. (Or so it seems anyways.)
Page 1 of 3