I'm playing "Yesterday" by the Beatles in a jazzy chord melody version for my audition at Berklee coming up. Do you think this is a good choice?
Bill and Ted Fan Club Member #3. PM ollerom_mot or me to join.

"Let the Spirit guide your fingers."
I think that's a great choice if you can make it an interesting and original arrangement
My guitar teacher had me do the same thing. Not for an audition, but to force me to actually learn some chord voicings. Its a damn fun song to play though.
Quote by TUMFP
That does sound real awesome. And that is quite an awesome video of Emmanuel. Class A Performer.

I ****ing love him

I think he's equally amazing because he can't even read music
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Chord melody stuff is always a good choice for auditions.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
If you can pull it off well and keep a good tempo it's one of the best styles there is.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic