3 4%
Ibanez TLWD7 ToneLok Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
15 21%
Rocktron Black Cat Moan Wah Pedal
0 0%
OTHER....I'll tell why
9 13%
Voters: 70.
I do a lot of shredding and sweeping.I like metal,neo-classical,blues, and I love doing clean playing.The budget I have is about $150 and I want to get a wah pedal.I need a pedal that can handle a lot of distrtion as well.

I have a few in mind...

Dime wah

Bad horsie 2

and others

poll is coming.
Last edited by The User Name at Mar 4, 2008,
simple crybaby's work for shred but the advanced circuitry of a signature wah (slash, dimebag, zakk) might sound better to you. Or an Ibanez WD7, very unique tone, good for distorted wah. The one that Steve Vai uses is great for shred, can't remmember the brand. Just shop around and try things out, buy whatever you like best. I have a Boss GT8 and you get like 5 wah pedals in one but i only use 4 of them.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
simple crybaby's work for shred but the advanced circuitry of a signature wah (slash, dimebag, zakk) might sound better to you. Or an Ibanez WD7, very unique tone, good for distorted wah. The one that Steve Vai uses is great for shred, can't remmember the brand. Just shop around and try things out, buy whatever you like best. I have a Boss GT8 and you get like 5 wah pedals in one but i only use 4 of them.

HUH?
dime wah is so-so clean but great with gain, and i've heard bad things about the bad horsie clean tone, it's really a high-gain wah. the zakk wylde wah sucks beyond all reason to my ears, only get it if you want to cop zakk's tone exactly. the wd7, slash wah, or maybe the dime wah are probably your best bet if you'll have any variety in your tones, otherwise just crank it up and see what fits (though the wd7 and slash wah are really good imo).
Quote by The User Name
HUH?

Its a multi effects signal processor and you can choose which wah pedal it is i dont mean 4 pedals at the same time lol (that would be cool though). You can also make 3 custom wah pedals
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
Its a multi effects signal processor and you can choose which wah pedal it is i dont mean 4 pedals at the same time lol (that would be cool though). You can also make 3 custom wah pedals

it's way out of his budget though.. aren't those $450-500?
i wasn't suggesting he buy it but the Boss wah pedal has several different wah pedals too, thats what i was getting at, because he wants "something with more options"
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
i wasn't suggesting he buy it but the Boss wah pedal has several different wah pedals too, thats what i was getting at, because he wants "something with more options"

with options I mean like contour and level and etc not just the wah .
yeah u can change the Q, the frequency and the colour, the peak etc heaps of settings
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

u DONT want the wylde wah, it is possibly the worst wah ever, just check out the ultimate wah thread. u also dont want the vox, becuase it doesnt hnadle high gian well
Boss P-10 Wah, you get 7 or 8 different Wah-sounds and 3 custom you can choose yourself, I'm very satisfied with it.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
The Ibanez, definitely. You can get pretty much ANY tone you want, its so versatile. Plus its a great price and has some cool features.
the weeping deamon is ok...crybabys are good...if you just use the wah basicly as a tone control...and not really for the wah effect...go for the zakk wylde one...to me it sounds the best...i havent played on the dimebag one, but ive heard that the behringer was modeled after it, so they might have similar qualities...anyways...theres my two cents...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
onley problem with the Zakk one is that you will just sound like him because it adds gain into your signal..... witch makes it sound like ****ttt slash is always good vox or a standard crybaby
Dunlop Crybaby 535 Q ftw

EDIT: The 535Q is essentially the same as the Dime, except with out the graphics and the name.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
Last edited by AndyMcDandy at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by AndyMcDandy
Dunlop Crybaby 535 Q ftw

EDIT: The 535Q is essentially the same as the Dime, except with out the graphics and the name.

I cut it down to the dime wah or the ibanez wah...please opinion would help.
Quote by The User Name
I cut it down to the dime wah or the ibanez wah...please opinion would help.

the ibanez is pure **** compared to the 535 Q (which is the same thing as the dime wah, but a bit cheaper i believe). and yes to the WD fans i own both, so bitching to me about jumping on a UG bandwagon will do little good to all
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
the ibanez is pure **** compared to the 535 Q (which is the same thing as the dime wah, but a bit cheaper i believe). and yes to the WD fans i own both, so bitching to me about jumping on a UG bandwagon will do little good to all

man I'm confused man.. becuase people are saying the ibanez wah is great and others say different.but I'll keep what you said in mind.
Quote by The User Name
man I'm confused man.. becuase people are saying the ibanez wah is great and others say different.but I'll keep what you said in mind.

the best thing to do is to try it out yourself at a local shop before you buy.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Maybe you should go to a guitar shop and play with a few? Or buy one online, play it for 30days, return it, buy another, play it, return it, ect ect. I've only used a couple original crybaby's from the 90's and a standard morley wah. Honestly, if the original crybabys had a better range, they'd be the tits. The morley is...unique, but too shrill. I don't quite use it like most people would. Basically another trick in the bag. Honestly out of the list you put up the dime wah is the only one that I'd probably buy if I was in the market for another wah.
The people who use the Zakk Wylde wah probly only play blues and funk becouse for rock and metal the Zakk wah rules. It has a unique tone and for sweeps and trills it rules. The range is huge and it has a awsome tone I just can't put my finger on. Defintaly unique some will love some will hate you got to try it out for yourself.

And the people voting vox wah are idiots the tone sucks with gain.
Get the Bad Horsie 2

I play everything from shred to blues and with the contour and level controls, you can make it sound like any wah you can think of.

It also sounds great with distortion and clean
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Go for the Dime wah. I'm getting it once I get some money together.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by The User Name

hes right, weeping demon is decent, but its not great
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
the original crybaby from dunlop is really good(i tried it)
the weeping demon i´ve hgeard a lot of good things, but never tried it
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by barcelona_rov
the original crybaby from dunlop is really good(i tried it)
the weeping demon i´ve hgeard a lot of good things, but never tried it

Man, It is so hard for me because I'm wanting a ibanez or the dime wah...but i'm hearing the vox wah is bad with distrtion and that has the most votes.
the Zakk Wylde wah is better for neo-classical and metal but it isn't going to suit the blues well though.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Ibanez WH-10, probably the best wah around and it's really versatile. They're kinda hard to come by though
Quote by The User Name
You suggest any?

yeah, i already did first page...the zakk wylde wah
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Imo a Original Crybaby sounds better than a Wylde or a Dime, but that's my opinion, get it modded and set the internal trim pots to you needs and liking and it's a wah like no other,
www.solidgoldfx.com give them a try. They aren't very expensive.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!