well i couldnt find this anywhere so i thought i'd ask...
Like the title says which is eaiser/better quality? I own an acoustic set and have access to an electric one, what should i use to record. By the way the electric set is actually a good quality set not some 500$ one.
i don't know about using them in a recording, i'm pretty sure they're just for practising. I get the feeling electric drums would sound weak on a recording, i mean you could EQ it, but nothing can replicate the sound of a drumkit that's had the sh_t thumped out of it and then run through a compressor
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
For recording, I say use the electric. It'll simplify things greatly.

However, you really can't get all the nuances of an acoustic set in an electric, it's impossible. So as long as you're cool with that, and you don't need to do any crazy ****, you should be fine.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Electric drums tend to sound too, well, electric, on a recording. You can tell its the same sounds over and over, not near the variation or nuances of acoustic miced drums.

Electric is easier, but the overall sound suffers. Not from quality, but from being what they are, electric.
It depends on the sounds you want. If you like a variety of them, and don't mind that they sound a bit artificial, then an electric drum kit is fine. If you want an organic sound, then you can go acoustic.

As for recording, the electric drums will have two outputs that you can directly plug into an audio interface. The acoustic will require at least three microphones...two microphones (preferably small-diameter condensors like the Rode NT5) for overheads, and one specialized dynamic for each kick. You may have to get more, if you want a more detailed sound (SM57 for snare, Samson CO1 for toms).
My personal preference for recordings are acoustic drums, but record a few minutes of both and see what you think.

That's all that matter is what you hear and how you feel about it.
Electric drums take a lot of EQ to get sounding good, but they're MUCH simpler to record and mix.

You can't go wrong, but you can't go right.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Electric drums take a lot of EQ to get sounding good, but they're MUCH simpler to record and mix.

You can't go wrong, but you can't go right.

Sounding good is completely subjective. Drum machines like Roland's TR-808 sound awesome. They may not sound like real drums, but you get some damn good sounds.

You can go wrong, but you can also go right.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Electric drums are obviously better for simplicity and ease of recording.
But for a true drum sound they cannot replace acoustic drums.
I personally prefer to record drums acousticly gives you alot more variation.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
i like em both. getting a killer drume sound form a nice acoustic set is a VERY rewarding experience..

Electric kits i love for their ease of use and seemingly limitless customization
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.