I have an Ibanez RG350DX with the HSH config, and a 5 way switch. I've been thinking about changing the pickups (in the distant future, only after I buy a tube amp ) by upgrading the two humbuckers and dropping a single coil sized bucker in the middle. After that, overhaul the wiring so that I could have the 5 way with a push/pull pot so that I could run it 5-way with either with all humbucker or all split coil: essentially 10 sounds.

Would this wiring be possible? Would it be worth my while? Are there diagrams out there for this kind of a project?

*Disclaimer: this is just an idea at the moment. I have neither the time nor the tools nor the necessity to do this now.
RIP Terry Kath (1978)
Quote by Breakfast_Rock
I have an Ibanez RG350DX with the HSH config, and a 5 way switch. I've been thinking about changing the pickups (in the distant future, only after I buy a tube amp ) by upgrading the two humbuckers and dropping a single coil sized bucker in the middle. After that, overhaul the wiring so that I could have the 5 way with a push/pull pot so that I could run it 5-way with either with all humbucker or all split coil: essentially 10 sounds.

Would this wiring be possible? Would it be worth my while? Are there diagrams out there for this kind of a project?

*Disclaimer: this is just an idea at the moment. I have neither the time nor the tools nor the necessity to do this now.
No.
You have 3 HBs and only 2 poles on a push-pull.
You can't split all 3 HBs with a single push-pull pot.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.