Hey UG..

I'm looking for a nice wireless system under $200. It only needs to work for one guitar, not multiple units. I don't know a thing about them, so I was hoping I could get some help. I don't wanna walk into GC and get a crap one.

Recommend me some wireless units!
yeah man, the thing is you dont really need one unless you have a pretty damn big room, or if youre gigging.

buddy of mine got one and he never even uses it
For wireless you want the best of the best...
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by jumpmanhat
i heard that you shouldnt get a wireless unit unless its $600+

Depends how big of an ego you have.

AKG makes some very nice wireless systems for around $170.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Cheap wireless units are a bad idea for the reason that the channel of the transmitter and reciever are set, and distance is set. So if you have one, you might have a radio signal flyin through your amps live, and that wouldn't be good.
All of the higher end ones are more expensive because they have a channel selector (just like on a FM radio). That's why it's better to get a nice one, because the cheap ones distort the signal and it cuts in and out pretty bad. A friend of mine got a cheap one, never uses, and I would never want to use it.
Quote by djmay71
do you really need one?

It'd be pretty useful.. I start gigs really soon and I have a V where the input is in kind of an annoying place near the upper horn, so it would help greatly.
A wireless system isn't something you should be skimpy on. In this case, the more you spend, the better. Save up about $100 at least, and take a look at Shure. Great company, in my opinion.
Last edited by kiefermatot at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by kiefermatot
A wireless system isn't something you should be skimpy on. In this case, the more you spend, the better. Save up about $100 and take a look at Shure. Great company, in my opinion.

I can spend up to like $200 like I said in the first post. Any makes you recommend in particular?
DNE

thats math speak for does not exist.

my brother picked up a wireless system for around $130, which was half off normal price (not list) for some huge GC sale. so he tries it out and it sucks balls. kills the tone of his nice bass and his decent amp. you seem to have a nice amp and i know nothing about the guitar so ill assume its at least decent. as soon as you stick a cheap wireless unit between them you lose that nice tone you love so much. so if youve only got $2-300 to spend, either ditch the idea or double your savings.
My friend got a cheaper Shure wireless setup, and it totally sucked all the kick out of the amp, it was terrible.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
the higher end shures are a good choice but i wouldn't trust lower end one though.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
I'll take your guys advice and just spend it on something else then. Thanks!