Well peeps went to the guitar center to day, was looking round and was with a good buddy of mine. I wanted to stay in a decent(low) money frame. Anyway I came across a beautiful epi les paul for a smoking deal, with dual humi's and 3 or 5 way switch. My buddy played it and I can say what a great sound it was in blues rock, all. Then we checked out a MIM strat, I have to say from the sound and what he told me the cheaper epi sound ed beter. So I think ima go that route, instead of a squier or a cheapr strat till i can act get the whole thing down on the guitar. All an all the epi sounded fukin greak...... Do u all think it is a better shout then a squier???

John
okay.. umm if i understand you correctly. go with the epi. i played a nice lefty epi les paul once, i would have gotten it right then and there if i didnt need a new amp so badly
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
So, let me get this straight. Your "beg axe" sounds "fukin greak." Would you like some fries with that, sir?
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
If you can get a good deal on it, then go for the Epiphone I guess. (Though a Squier Master series Tele owns), but thats besides the point.
For what music? The MIM is going to be overall more versatile and better made. Also why didn't YOU play it? Your friend might like the feel of the Les Paul better while you might like the feel of the Strat. It has a thinner neck so it might play easier if you're starting out.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Grammer rocks.

Really.

i wouldn't go around making fun of someones grammAr, and spell **** wrong, nice try though.
Quote by shinedown98
i wouldn't go around making fun of someones grammAr, and spell **** wrong, nice try though.

PWND
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Bpags868
So, let me get this straight. Your "beg axe" sounds "fukin greak." Would you like some fries with that, sir?

hahahahahahah
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by shinedown98

I wouldn't try to insult someone if I didn't know the difference between grammar and spelling.

Forgot to capitalize.
Quote by soul_power
For what music? The MIM is going to be overall more versatile and better made. Also why didn't YOU play it? Your friend might like the feel of the Les Paul better while you might like the feel of the Strat. It has a thinner neck so it might play easier if you're starting out.

Better made? out of plywood maybe....

I hope you realize it's a MIM SQUIER strat, not a real fender.....

Then again, the epi that TS tried might be an LP 100... yech.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Fenderjack
Well peeps went t0 the guit4r center t0 day, w4s l00k1ng r0und 4nd w45 w1th a g00d buddy 0f m1ne. 1 w4nted to st4y 1n 4 decent(l0w) m0ney fr4me. Anyw4y 1 c4me 4cr0ss 4 be4ut1ful ep1 les p4ul f0r a sm0king de4l, w1th du4l hum1's 4nd 3 or 5 w4y 5w1tch. My buddy pl4yed 1t 4nd 1 c4n s4y wh4t 4 gre4t s0und 1t was 1n blues r0ck, 4ll. Then we checked 0ut 4 M1M str4t, 1 h4ve t0 s4y fr0m the s0und 4nd wh4t he t0ld me the che4per ep1 s0und ed beter. S0 1 th1nk 1m4 g0 th4t r0ute, 1nste4d of 4 squier 0r 4 che4pr str4...

John

i speak english
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
That strat is going to allow you to play technically better.
The epiphone necks are really huge. If you are just playing
power rhythm and solos..the epi would be great....
but if you wanna learn a couple real chords and better
techniques...the strat would be better to learn with.
You will most likely need humbuckers for big pinch harmonics
and br00tal palm mutes.

At beginner level i think epi's are not that great unless u want
to hot rod them up. My lp-100 sounds great but doesn't sustain
that well..for metal you have alot of better alternatives. I would
really look into an Ibanez with 2 singles coils and a humbucker.
get the best of both worlds. Dont buy either of the epi or the squier
unless you plan to buy new pickups. You will outgrow them both by
August....oh yeah..some entry level Deans have good stock pups
as well...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Umm ok so my spelling wasn't that great, I was a bit trashed last night when I posted that. Yes I checked out a few of the deans they had(couldn't tell ya what model), but the epi felt like a better product to me, the action seemed to be horiable on the dean. As far as me playing, I did play them well a few notes anyway, as I am begining, and don't have a clue how to play yet. Again I don't want to spend the $$$$$ at this point, I don't really have it, I have alot of other ****(projects going on) and but want to learn to play with a decent model... Also the EP seemed to have plenty of ass, threw the amp... Hope that is better, then last night LOL

John