Yep in my neverending quest to find the holy grail of toneS I have finally found the Carvin V3. I played one at a local shop and fell in love with it. One problem though...they no longer have it and it was used so they aren't Carvin dealers. I want to find somewhere that has these things in Western WA so I can try it out again and make sure it really is what I want before I spend that kind of money. I checked Carvins site and it looks like their only retail outlets are in Cali . Anyone know where I would go to find one? Also does anyone have any reason why I shouldn't get this amp?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Craigslist. If you MUST try it out, that's about your best bet, but if you can take a bit of a chance, try ebay.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Like I said I tried it and loved it I just wanted to test it out again and spend a little more time with it. If worst comes to worst I'll probably get one off of ebay and then resell if I don't like it.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Bump.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
What more info. are you looking for? lol

Try to find a list of music stores in your area and see if any of them have the amp. If not, you have to resort to CL or ebay.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
They do have a 10 day return policy on everything (Carvin I mean). Theoretically you could buy one, have it shipped to your house, try it and return if it you don't think it's worth the money.

I'm not just regurgitating their marketing either, I've returned 3 of their amps within the 10 day period because both times I bought one of their amps (1 for my guitar and 1 for my bass) I changed my mind on the form factor I wanted.

My bass amp is a BX600 head and 2x10 Neo cabinet but originally I had bought a 1x15 combo, it wouldn't fit in my car (I was in a band then) so I returned it no questions asked and got the half stack.
^Yeah thats always a possibility. The problem is once I actually own it I know I will convince myself there is nothing better for the price but I might just do that and maybe get a few friends to try it out and people from local bands as well and tell them to give me an honest opinion.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
^What does anyone else's opinion matter if the amp is that perfect for you?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86