My roommate, who I trust in guitar matters and to not swindle me (and who is better in most regards at guitar), is offering me a mint condition Fender Strat (Mexican) with Seymour Duncans and the case within the range of $350-400. He says it's about 8 years old, and that he bought it for around $440 and the case was about $90. This is all the info I have right now. 1) Anymore specifics on which guitar this might be and 2) is this an offer I can't refuse?

No hating and no asking for more info; it's all I have. I play classic rock and blues mostly and right now I have a used Squier Affinity Strat that I've had for 4 years, which shows you where my standards are. I can afford it now, but I'm waiting a few months for when I have more money. Thanks etc etc.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
i would call that a good deal since you did say its in mint condition
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
I think a mint condition MIM Strat with those pups and a case for $350 is a reasonable buy, but that's probably the most it is worth IMO. If you like the guitar you might be pushed to find something else better for that money, so go for it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by ste993
I think a mint condition MIM Strat with those pups and a case for $350 is a reasonable buy, but that's probably the most it is worth IMO. If you like the guitar you might be pushed to find something else better for that money, so go for it.

I'm easily satisfied and I like Strats (I'm used to playing one of course), so it really would be no big deal to accept this one. You think $350 is it's top price? I should probably haggle it down then, if he's willing.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
If you can get him down sure, it's worth it. But I would think it is worth it at $350, if it plays and sounds well. That is about what we can buy them for new in Chicago ($375) with a "gig" bag. Play it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The thing is he's been leaning towards $400, saying he got the whole package for $600 (guitar, 440, case, 90 and I guess insurance and tax included). So he thinks 4 is fair...it's going to be a hard haggle.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
i think 350 is not a bad deal...keep in mind the pickups and installations aren't very cheap and the case is not something bad to have. if he doesn't want to give it to u for that price then tell him u are better off buying it new at the store. what type of seymour duncans does it have?
Quote by bestscorer
i think 350 is not a bad deal...keep in mind the pickups and installations aren't very cheap and the case is not something bad to have. if he doesn't want to give it to u for that price then tell him u are better off buying it new at the store. what type of seymour duncans does it have?

I don't know and can't ask him till later when he's here.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
New information: The pickups (which I still don't know what model they are specifically, but they are Seymour Duncans of some kind) came with the guitar originally.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Is it HSS or SSS?

Try to haggle down to $350.

I actually never figured out what that meant, I tried googling it but no luck

Tell me what it means and I might be able to figure it out.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
I actually never figured out what that meant, I tried googling it but no luck

Tell me what it means and I might be able to figure it out.

well the HSS means that it has humbucker, single coil, single coil.
the SSS means it has single coil, single coil, single coil.
HHH means humbucker, humbucker, humbucker.
YOU GET IT NOW...
HSS= 2 single coils, 1 humbucker
SSS= 3 single coils

EDIT: Beaten to it.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by riffslut
well the HSS means that it has humbucker, single coil, single coil.
the SSS means it has single coil, single coil, single coil.
HHH means humbucker, humbucker, humbucker.
YOU GET IT NOW...

DURP I THINK I DO

It's SSS.

Edit- Once my roommate gets back (he's in the shower) I'll ask him what kind.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~