Page 1 of 3
What famous guitarist has a tone that sounds like yours ?( more like the opposite way around :P )

Currently , i have that Jason Becker/Marty Friedman tone.
(Not that i do alot of justice to it )
Last edited by Evil_Magician at Mar 4, 2008,
id say switching between Jimmy Page and Kirk Hammett
Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung - Voltaire(1694-1778)

I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school. - Jimmy Page
I seem to have a unique tone :P
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Slayer566
I seem to have a unique tone :P

you win sir

but yah I always look for an EJ tone but Mine is mostly boston ish
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
My guitar tone is close to Lars Ulric on s.t. anger... yeah he's a drummer and his snare was out of tune (and NO! it was not esperimental it was out of tone) im just not a very good guitarist x')
I get 100% flawless The Who tone with my orange tiny terror and standard telecaster (bridge pup). It is spot on with no pedals. Pretty damn cool
i sound like kerry king when playing live but practicing i sound like paradise lost.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
With my LP I get really close to Satch's tone (mids at 10 ftw), while with my borrowed '93 Squier strat it's pretty close to an Yngwie tone (this is on the neck/middle humbucking position, the bridge has a gold Lace Sensor that is completely worthless).
My tone is quite similar to as i lay dying.
I love it
Even though it took me countless hours of tweaking to achieve, due to this damn MG !
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I've currently got Frusciante's tone (pretty much exact) and I'm getting very close to having Hendrix's as well.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
I like to believe I don't sound like anyone else. But, since my gear choice isn't exactly original it can't be too different from other people using similar gear.
I try to get my tone similiar to John Frusciante and Jimi Hendrix
I have done pretty well I think.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I'm rocking my own tone... Its taken me a while but i finally achieved it. But ya never know, someone else might have the exact settings and using a Valveking, Marshall Cab, M108, Modified M104, Modified Tubescreamer, T.V. Delay and Emg's....

Naaaaaaaaaa dont think its gonna happen... lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 4, 2008,
i try to get as close to the slash sweet child of mine tone as i can with my jubilee, the dsl doesnt sound like anyone though
Depends.

I can do alot of good tones. Ranging from SRV to clapton to EJ.
Maybe with a bit of buddy guy mixed in.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
been trying to get a good jack white tone at moment but its hard to nail any ideas?
at the mo my tone is probably closest to seasick steve. open tuning, slide and overdriven amp.
I'm around Jeff Waters' style tone at the moment. It's similar to Dave Mustaine's, in the sense that it's a very organic metal tone, but it's boosted and slightly higher on the gain.

So.. organic, smooth but heavy distortion, and a clean boost to ^ dynamics.

Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 4, 2008,
Petrucci train of thought era rhythm sound, nice and crisp sounding with lots of mids, and my lead sounds are reminding me of Rustey Cooley's in the way that it sounds with huge vibrato bends.

Unfortunately i havent quite found my sound for my 8, its taking a little while longer than i though to achieve Meshuggah sounds.
Several of my settings will get Matt Bellamy tones. Before I sold my Les Paul I could nail a lot of Andrew Stockdale's tone's.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I have a tone like Alexi Laiho without using half the **** he uses. It will be complete when i get me some sd blackouts.
I spent years aspiring to sound like another guitarist. What a waste of time i just wish id have invested in sounding like me. But now I do so it's all good baby!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
My tone is qutie similar to Jimmy Page's and Pete Townshend's (the one he had during the 70's)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Clean - David Gilmour (and Peter Green)
Overdriven - Sort of like Johnny Thunders but more trebly.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Mar 4, 2008,
Clean - Opeth
OD - Mark Tremonti

When I get my boogie, im going for my own...
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
mines simular to zakk wyldes-

zakk-
gain- 10
bass-, 10
mid-, 4-6
treble 10
reverb- 4
delay- 2

mine-
gain- 10
bass- 8,5
treble- 9
reverb- 3
delay- 0,5
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by halikus
I spent years aspiring to sound like another guitarist. What a waste of time i just wish id have invested in sounding like me. But now I do so it's all good baby!

Very Gary Moore-ish at the moment. Maybe a hint of Slash's in there aswell. I like that thick sounding texture, it gives it body.
On the clean channel though, it's very much like the lead guitarist (forgive me for forgetting his name) from the Foo Fighters tone on 'The Pretender'.
Quote by danilo19
Lately my tone has been really close to Bury Your Dead's.

NO WAI

Howd you get it? lol

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
My tone is quite similar to John Mayer, but in the style of SRV with some Hendrix hints.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Mine doesn't really sound exactly like anything i listen to...

But close matches...

Clean - John Frusciante (Think RHCP - Under the bridge)

Drive - Jimmy Page (Think whole lotta love)

Lead - SRV (Think little wing solo)
Last edited by guitarcrazy1991 at Mar 4, 2008,
Kind of a hybrid - Clapton's Beano and early Cream tone crossed with Paul Kossof and a little bit of Pete Townshend for good measure - I like a trebly and biting tone with that sort of LP snarl...

And oddly when I flick over to my neck PU it sounds SRVish at times...quite bizarre for a Les Paul I must admit, but hey I ain't objecting to it!

It beats my "early days" Obscure 70's Brand Plywood Strat/MG15DFX tone
My tone is somewhere between the EVH brown sound & SRV. Ultra responsive dynamics from my non-master volume Mojave 50W. I like my own tone, but I still get wood dialing in the exact old brown sound through my '78 MXR flanger & playing "Unchained" so loud that my arm hairs move.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I don't think my tone mimics one particular person, but im always trying to achieve a better "blues" tone. The one that's in my head is somewhere between SRV, BB King, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, etc. But i basically have two or three tones i use. My main one being the Strat tone, the other being the Gibson tone through my amp on similar settings for each.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Well. A nice tone
Very freak kitchenish rythm (look 'em up on youtube, great tone)
and for lead, very Steve Vaiish at the moment.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Page 1 of 3