My practice amp - A V tone 15watt behringer - isn't really working well and I was hoping someone might know what is wrong.
The amp only works when its set up very loudly, like 10 overdrive, 7+ Low, 10 mid, 7+ high, and all the little switches fully upwards. Master volume has to be at 3, any less cant hear it, any more its just noise. The sound I get ( the only one i can ) is terrible. I get fuzz from amp. Guitar is a new strat so that isn't the problem. It might be the cable cause every time it hits something the amp makes noises.

Thanks in advance,
Casta44

(Tried my absolute best not to make a wall of text, sorry guys...

Built from stolen pieces
Telephone in my heart.

Chopper Reid Of the Australia
FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
get a new cable, if problem persists, see a doctor... i mean take it too a shop and have them look at it
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by david_highland
I think the problem might be that it's a behringer, perfect excuse for a newer better one...

'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Thing is, I just bought a bloody Strat just today. There is no way I'm squeezing more money until my Bday, in May.

Built from stolen pieces
Telephone in my heart.

Eh.. You will NOT get a metal sound from a strat and a cheap Behringer amp. The Behringer strats are so bad that i nearly can't beleive it.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Who said it was a Behringer strat and who said he/she wanted to play metal?

To the TS get a new cable mate, or try a different one first. And start saving for a nice amp so you can the best out of that strat.
It's a Behringer. If you got it home from the shop on the day you bought it, and it still worked, then you are luckier than most.

Like the others said, try a new cable. If it still sucks, go get a Vox DA5 or a Roland Microcube. Louder then the Behringer, much better quality, better tone, better effects... better everything. Only $120-$140.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

It's a fender strat, and I play classic rock.
TY to the last to posters, I'm looking for a Microcube...

Built from stolen pieces
Telephone in my heart.

Micro or small 5W Vox, they are priced about the same. I preferred the vox and play a lot of classic rock as well. Good luck. Enjoy your strat.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by perkristian876
The Behringer strats are so bad that i nearly can't beleive it.

Behringer strats aren't that bad. Obviously not in the same league as Fender or even Squier strats, but they're not unplayable, especially if setup correctly. Mine plays just fine now that it's been setup properly.
behringer
thats the problem
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400