okay so good question.

i have a Boss me 50 guitar effect pedal that has two guitar amp outputs.

would it be smart or stupid to do this-

Plug guitar into boss me 50 that one side plugs into a Line 6 ax2 212 amp and the other half plugs into a Marshall 1952 Mk 2 amp ( http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=1959SLP ) that plugs into a marshall cabinet *i do nto know what the cabinet is i just know its a 4 by 12*

would that get me a good sound or a stupid sound?
if both amps were marshall --> good sound
line6 in the mix --> bad sound
I wouldn't use multiFX with a digital amp, maybe instead of the Line6 a decent Solid state
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
^^^ good
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG

Do you actually know the ax2, or are you just fuelled by Spider hate?

I've never played a Line6 amp, but their pedals are totally brilliant, so "Line6 in the mix" isn't altogether bad at all.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Mar 4, 2008,
no but every single amp of theres ive played (including said ax2) sound awful
>IMO<
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

The Line 6 amp hate isn't just blind hate. It's based on the awful sound you get from it. Sounds too digital, I don't know how else to describe it. But when compared to a real amp the differences are painfully obvious.

The pedals are okay. Amps? No. Just say no.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Ah, people who base their opinions on the companies cheapest amp...

TS, yes it will work. I did it once with a crappy Digitech RP I had. It will take some EQ play, but you can get them blended and sounding nice.
Quote by CJRocker
Ah, people who base their opinions on the companies cheapest amp...

TS, yes it will work. I did it once with a crappy Digitech RP I had. It will take some EQ play, but you can get them blended and sounding nice.

somebody has a line6 and is getting antsy becuz theyre the most hated amp in the world.
I get flamed for disliking Marshalls (IMO only the very high end marshalls are any good) but never line6
they sound ****, it brings a bad name to digital modeling
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG

Even though Line 6 amps are amazing. Even if you think the Spiders are crap, gotta admit the others are pretty damn good.
Well alot of bands dual track there sound using a Tube amp and Solid state (Flextone to be exact)

I say give it a whirl, its not likes costing you anything... And just lay off the volume a bit on the spider just let it contribute your pick attack and those types of nuances... It also will tighten up your sound a bit... I was going to try it with my old marshall vs100 but sold it before i could try it out...