So I've been playing with the stock strings since I got the guitar (about a month) and as it's an Epi LP, they were 10s. I used to use 9s so I got a few packs of these. Well I had to replace the strings yesterday, and find the 9s maybe even too easy to bend.

My question is, has anyone else had the same situation. Should I switch back to 10s or get used to 9s?

Cheers
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
is there much actual difference between guages or is it all just preference?
Heavier strings sound better in my opinion, and I think heavier strings last slightly longer right? I'd say stick with 10s.
There is definitely a difference, I play on .11's and when i play a guitar with .10s, I feel pretty uncomfortable.. and whether strings last longer really depends on how you play and maintain your strings.

EDIT: so haha, yeah, if you're more comfortable with 10s then stick with em
Blues Power
Stick with the 10s, especially if you're already comfortable with them.

I play with 12s so anything i play at GC feels weird
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

i use heavy strings on both my guitars cause they can handle lower tunings and they last a lot longer
Wow it is great to hear people actually play heavier gauges. I play 11's and I like the wound third just for the tonality. I swear by 11's.

I have 9's on my "shredder" guitar and I really don't like them, but I leave them on for functionality.

Go with the 10's they are a fairly good balance bettween tone and speed
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
i have a strat with 9's and a lp with 10's and yes there is a difference. its all a feel thing. i say stay with 10's if you like em
Everybody to their own, some people like heavier strings for shred etc, lighter strings for detuning, play what you feel comfortable with really, if you want a compromise go for a hybrid set
the scale length on gibsons and epiphones are shorter then most other guitar brands, that's why your 9 guage strings feel so easy to bend.

stick to 9's on your other guitars and go a guage higher on your les paul, or if 10's are too thick for you try finding some strings that are half a guage up, they might be hard to find but are worth it if you want the perfect set-up.
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that every one liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"