Last night, playing in the very small venue of Musos Corner in Newcastle with tickets costing $10, Paul Gilbert graced a few lucky people with his presence.

And he is indeed one of the coolest people I've ever met, and by far the best guitarist of course.

I got a few 1 minute clips of some songs he played plus some Q&A between songs. I'll put them up when I load them on youtube.

Did anyone else happen to go? And if you did, feel free to post the pics/vids in here!
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
I wish I could style my hair like his.... actually, I may be able to if I grow it out...
I saw him once, my music teacher was just like if you have $10 I can get you a ticket. And then yeahhh. It was pretty cool.
I was there! I was the kid in the front row he gave his pick to =]

Was a great night, he's certainly an excellent guitarist. Ive got a couple of vids, not the greatest quality. Took it on my phone. Though i have some pretty decent photos we took with the camera. Even got the double handed bend he did

I managed to grab a couple of posters and got him to sign them.
I was gonna go but I heard about it too late.

I was so pissed off

You lucky bastard.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Got a few of the pics off the camera. Theres a video of the last song he played, but i have pretty slow net. I'll upload that later.

He looks so much older now =o
I thought I saw him playing a strat in Sound Control in London, but when he started playing I just thought "Haha, no way that's Gilbert."
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
i wish he came to melbourne allans...
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by tombo32
Why would anyone want to go to Tasmania?

Jokes.

I know... no one ever comes to Tasmania. The closest I got was Tommy Emmanuel... then he got sick and cancelled his tour.
i was at the one they did in Geelong (the shop that beat allens in Melbourne) great show he is a truely unique guitarist.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

I went with a mate, thought about getting something signed but having spent 9 hours on the train (f*cking delays, to and from Sydney), I couldn't be bothered waiting.

EDIT - Also proud to say I was one of the contributors of him being there, got my Ibanez RG1527 there last year
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
got anymore pictures of him playing the ibanez artist? i've never seen him holding one of those!
Quote by cloud041089
got anymore pictures of him playing the ibanez artist? i've never seen him holding one of those!

Havn't got any other pics of that guitar. But he had a few guitars he'd picked off the walls that he was testing out. They sounded great too
lol damn, those are excellent photos lol. They kick the **** out of the 2 I took. The videos I took look kinda **** but the sound quality was excellent. I was standing at the back of the pack of seats you must have been sitting in.

I got some posters signed by him as well, aaand...

Thats me on the far right of the pic, standing far away from everyone else and looking like a douche lol. Don't know why it didn't occur to anyone to also do the Devil Horns, or why it didn't occur to me to bunch in...i think I was a little to giddy lol.

PLUS I think I forgot to say thanks to him for signing the posters, now I feel bad for not using my manners with Paul Gilbert...
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Saw him last year at 5 Star in Ringwood, was bloody awesome. He played Scarified and was perfect.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.