why is it that gibson guitars never have tremelos on thier guitars??!!

besides the fact that theres like a centimetre between the bridge and the neck

has anyone else ever thought about this or have any answers?
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
wrong bridge for it thats why. Some old les pauls are equipped with bigsbys
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I've seen a Gibson SG with a whammy that's non-Bigsby once. I forget who played it, but he's a famous guitarist.. Anyway, it's because they look stupid. There's no other reason.

But some are installed with Bigsby's.. Usually custom made guitars, or ones that had one added on later. They're a pain in the ass, though.. If it didn't make my SG look so cool, I'd remove it. They really don't seem to serve a real purpose, as all you can do with one is vibrato, which you can do with your finger.. And they're loose as a muh fuggah. And if you pull it up too high, the damn spring falls out. Maybe I should crazy glue that spring in there..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
also has anyone ever put a tremelo system on a gibson/ epiphone
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
Quote by loc66sic
also has anyone ever put a tremelo system on a gibson/ epiphone

I kind of have.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

edit- beaten to it

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I've seen a Gibson SG with a whammy that's non-Bigsby once. I forget who played it, but he's a famous guitarist.. Anyway, it's because they look stupid. There's no other reason.

Robbie Krieger of the doors had an SG w/ an original gibson trem, which they were produced with for a few years

actually I read this morning that epiphone is introducing a new line w/ FR's
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
there's a guy that plays guitar in the lounge section of the restaurant i used to work at. he had a white custom les paul (can't remember if it was a gibson or epiphone). it had a custom whammy that he made himself. it was basically a standard tune-o-matic with a bar attached to it. he could only divebomb though
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by 3lusiv3
They are bringing out a line of LPs with FRs.

awesome i just wanna see what they look like with a floyd rose on them
and if it turns out shit,
the reverse v will always look worse
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
Quote by loc66sic
awesome i just wanna see what they look like with a floyd rose on them
and if it turns out shit,
the reverse v will always look worse

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
here is the epi and Gibson had one at the NAMM show, they will have their's out this year also.
Quote by Ir8sob
here is the epi and Gibson had one at the NAMM show, they will have their's out this year also.

that looks awesome
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
Didn't the ZW Signature V have a Floyd on it? Also, some Firebirds had tremolos on them.

Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ir8sob

Gold hardware on that would look 10x better IMO.
Quote by tombo32
Gold hardware on that would look 10x better IMO.

Agreed.

Quote by lceman13
You have nice hair!

Quote by Jack Off Jill

But some are installed with Bigsby's.. Usually custom made guitars, or ones that had one added on later. They're a pain in the ass, though.. If it didn't make my SG look so cool, I'd remove it. They really don't seem to serve a real purpose, as all you can do with one is vibrato, which you can do with your finger.. And they're loose as a muh fuggah. And if you pull it up too high, the damn spring falls out. Maybe I should crazy glue that spring in there..

Angus Young?!, He has a tremelo fitted standard (not Bigsby but simular) on at least one of his signature models
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Angus Young?!, He has a tremelo fitted standard (not Bigsby but simular) on at least one of his signature models

I meant strat style.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Better
Agreed.

I concur to your concurrence
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I meant strat style.

Oh OK, arnt some Gibby Flying V's fitted with strat style tremelos?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Oh OK, arnt some Gibby Flying V's fitted with strat style tremelos?

I dunno, I pretend those don't exist because I think they're unbelievably dorky.
Quote by vintage x metal