Gibson is realeasing slash model guitars.

the usa model- !Limited to only 1,500!

http://www.gibson.com/Slash/Gibson%...esPaulStandard/

and the inspired by vos model
http://www.gibson.com/Slash/Gibson%...mSlashInspired/

Any predictions on the collectibility of these gutiars? I am not familar with the other signature guitars gibson had released and how those have been doing.
Last edited by Unreal T at Mar 4, 2008,
Just another ploy to make Gibson even more money. Signature models = gay.
well yea but i mean ppl still buy into it. The usa model is only limited to 1500 guitars and thats it. Is that low compared to other models gibson has released?
I'm not sure whats funnier. The fact that people will spend thousands on a signature when they can get a regular Gibson Les Paul or even a higher end Epiphone, go to Seymour Duncan and get his exact pickups and have the same results or the fact that he doesn't even use a real Gibson Les Paul
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
if u think an epi is up to the standards of a real gibson les paul than u have some serious problems my friend. do u work for gibson and know the time and effort they put into their guitars? i dont think sooo! yea the sigs might be the same as a standard lp but an epi no way. low quanitity =higher demand and it doesnt matter if its a sig or not .its still a nice ass guitar. ppl like to bash em cause they cannot aford them
If it is any indication, I see Zach Wilde's guitar hanging in nearly every store I visit. I realize that Slash has a much larger following so that may not be an indication. Either way - why not have your own signature model by having a "not a copy"? Just a nice guitar?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Unreal T
if u think an epi is up to the standards of a real gibson les paul than u have some serious problems my friend. do u work for gibson and know the time and effort they put into their guitars? i dont think sooo! yea the sigs might be the same as a standard lp but an epi no way. low quanitity =higher demand and it doesnt matter if its a sig or not .its still a nice ass guitar. ppl like to bash em cause they cannot aford them

You have absolutely no clue as to what I typed do you? Seems like you just wanted to throw your opinions around. Here I'll quote what I originally wrote..

"....when they can get a regular Gibson Les Paul or even a higher end Epiphone, go to Seymour Duncan and get his exact pickups and have the same results..."

Lets think about that for a second. In no way did I say Epiphone is as good as a Gibson or that Gibson sucks. How you manipulated and twisted that around in your brain I have no idea. It was simply stating both can do a good job in getting close to Slashs' gear. If you can't afford a Gibson, then get a higher end Epiphone. Simple as that, noting more to it. I don't hate Gibson but yes I do think they are overpriced for what they are and they have had quality issues. If you don't believe that then you are in denial. If you still want to go out and buy a Gibson I don't see anything wrong with that, free market do as you please. Peace
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Unreal T

i could afford it, but i still think its a pos.

guess thats just me...

o wait, its almost everyone who isnt an idiot
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by continental
"ONLY" 1,500?

that sounds like alot to me.

Worldwide.

And, the Custom Shop Model of his guitar, that guitar has been my favorite guitar since forever. The finish is rare, and it's a Les Paul, hopefully not chambered, since its a Custom Shop Model. I'm willing to pay that much for one.

By the way, they just showed the MSRP, so if its in Guitarcenter or Musiciansfriend, hopefully they will have a reduced price, like they have on everything.

Quote by BGSM
Just another ploy to make Gibson even more money. Signature models = gay.

completely true
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by continental

Thats the older one, the ones on the first post of this are the newer ones comming out in April.
honestly...it doesnt look that special...its just a regular les paul marketed under slash's name
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by continental
"ONLY" 1,500?

that sounds like alot to me.

1500 isn't a lot when it is purchasable by over 6 billion people. Good luck getting one!

Quote by Unreal T

An Epiphone Elitist Les Paul is an EXCELLENT guitar, up to par with the Classic and Standard Gibson Les Pauls. Read this thing that a member here has written up. He explains why the Elitists are so well built.

Anyways, didn't they already have Slash Gibsons and Epiphone Les Pauls? I really like the Epiphone model, I am thinking about buying it once they are back at musiciansfriend, and replacing the "Slash" plate with a plain black one. Nice guitars! Gibson model is much too expensive though.
High as tits
The Epiphone Slash model is redundant because it's just a Standard Plus with a pickup swap. It costs more than the Joe Perry model did (which was discontinued so the Slash model could be made), and the Joe Perry model got a better quality flame top, Custom-quality hardware, higher grade wood, even more expensive pickups, and a custom wiring job. Slash's costs a couple of hundred more and has worse specs. What the hell.

The Custom Shop Gibson Slash LP is also pointless. It's only advantages over other Custom Shop Lps are the finish (if you really want it - but most people would be happy with the regular bursts anyway), the bridge system for acoustic tones (which few people would make full use of anyway - and after all, this is a feature that now the Epiphoen Ultra-II has out-done), and the stock pickups. I priced up what it would cost to have these modifications done to a regular Custom Shop model, and it worked out at over £800 ($1600) cheaper to do it yourself to a custom shop LP than to buy the Slash model.

And these new models? Pretty much the same. Few unique specifications, and in some ways they're even inferior to more standard models.

I have nothing against signature models, when there's actully a point to them. Having a unique feature that other models don't have is great in my book and worth paying out for. All of the Slash models though, these new ones included, don't have unique features. The few special features they do have you can easily put on other guitars for a fraction of the price.

I like Slash. I've got a couple of signature guitars form other guitarists. but Slash's signature guitars truly are pointless.