Okay, I was in the Pit with someone who asked about tremelos on Gibsons. And I started to wonder about the Bigsby on mine. You know how when you pull it up too high, the spring that keeps the bar from going too far down falls out? Would it be a good idea, or a bad idea to crazy glue that spring in position so that it doesn't fall out, or get turned to one side when I do this? I can't think of a reason why it would hurt my guitar at all, but I'm not really the smartest with these things, and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, fellas.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Okay, I was in the Pit with someone who asked about tremelos on Gibsons. And I started to wonder about the Bigsby on mine. You know how when you pull it up too high, the spring that keeps the bar from going too far down falls out? Would it be a good idea, or a bad idea to crazy glue that spring in position so that it doesn't fall out, or get turned to one side when I do this? I can't think of a reason why it would hurt my guitar at all, but I'm not really the smartest with these things, and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, fellas.
It doesn't sound like a bad idea, Cory. But you should only put the glue on one end, or the other. That way if you lift really hard on the lever the spring won't stretch, it will just stay attached to one end.

The only real harm will be if you are sloppy and get glue on the finish. Nasty mess, that. And crazy glue won't work well if you have oil or lubricant on the spring or the metal you're gluing it to. Crazy glue only holds when it's squeezed out to a thin layer. A little goes a long way. A lot of excess, is just wasted.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, I figured I should only glue it to one end, since I didn't want to completely stretch out my spring. And I've been experimenting with crazy glue lately, and I think I've got my technique down pat. There were a few rough patches, like when I was gluing stickers to my hat and put too much on, and accidently glued some of it to my forehead.. But I figured out that using little amounts is a much better idea. I think I've gotten it down to the point that I wouldn't get it on the actual wood. And I don't think there's any lubricants on the metal, either.

Okie dokey, I'll try it in the morning when I get off work. I'm usually pretty careful when I'm adding stuff or taking something off my guitar, like adding the paint to the pickguard. I'll probably need to make sure my dog isn't around to harass me while I'm doing this one, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Yeah, I figured I should only glue it to one end, since I didn't want to completely stretch out my spring. And I've been experimenting with crazy glue lately, and I think I've got my technique down pat. There were a few rough patches, like when I was gluing stickers to my hat and put too much on, and accidently glued some of it to my forehead.. But I figured out that using little amounts is a much better idea. I think I've gotten it down to the point that I wouldn't get it on the actual wood. And I don't think there's any lubricants on the metal, either.

Okie dokey, I'll try it in the morning when I get off work. I'm usually pretty careful when I'm adding stuff or taking something off my guitar, like adding the paint to the pickguard. I'll probably need to make sure my dog isn't around to harass me while I'm doing this one, though.
Cory, you always make me laugh.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.