hey guys,
does anyone use beefy slinkys.. to be honest i reckon the G in it is to big and makes it more difficult to do certain fast licks coming off from the thinner strings. does anyone else have same prob
No, because I use Super-Slinkies. But my friends guitar has .11's on it, and when I try to play it, my speed gets cut in half. So I could definitely understand why you'd have a tougher times with heavier strings.
I tried .11 beefy slinkies once and had the same problem as you, ts. I switched to Fender super bullets and they are just fine. D'addarios aren't bad, too.
I've used Beefy Slinky's much in the past. What you need to look at is the G string is wound versus the plain G strings present in most electric guitar sets. One set of strings is rarely "faster" than another, but major differences such as moving to a wound G string will really show off the fact that you aren't used to playing the heavier strings and you speed and technique will probably suffer for a while.

I actually play slower on 9's than I do on 12's. It's all about what you're used to.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
I've used Beefy Slinky's much in the past. What you need to look at is the G string is wound versus the plain G strings present in most electric guitar sets. One set of strings is rarely "faster" than another, but major differences such as moving to a wound G string will really show off the fact that you aren't used to playing the heavier strings and you speed and technique will probably suffer for a while.

I actually play slower on 9's than I do on 12's. It's all about what you're used to.

Agreed I use the not even slinkies and when i play on smaller sets my playing gets pretty sloppy, I'm not used to the way they flop around. And I'm pretty sure they sell a set of beefy's with an unwound g. The set I'm thiking of is a hybrid set with a yellow package.
i got the set with the plated G and its a 0.22 (which is a post) its so hard to go from 2 thin strings possibley from an 11s set and go to the G which is bigger than a G in a 12s set