can baritones go to tuning like standard E without damaging the guitar, because im under the impression that baritones are just for lower tunings?
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
the les paul baritone is 28" scale, 3.75" longer than standard les pauls, tuned to B. I wouldn't think it would be good for the neck to tune to E standard, but I really don't know. I don't know about the other manufacturers baritones.
why would you want that?

and it's 3.25" longer than a standard LP
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
You can tune them up but you would have to severely lighten the string gauge so as not to **** up the guitar in general, there would generally be a lot more clarity among the lower strings. But in all honesty there is no real point in tuning one up that much...
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
You can tune them up but you would have to severely lighten the string gauge so as not to **** up the guitar in general, there would generally be a lot more clarity among the lower strings. But in all honesty there is no real point in tuning one up that much...

+1 pretty much a pointless exercise.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.