I posted this in the 80’s rock forum and didn’t get any responses. Maybe I’ll have better luck here.

I just found out that when Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman were reissued in 2002, the bass and drum tracks were re-recorded by current members of ozzy’s band. I’m just wondering, for those of you who have heard both versions (I’ve only heard the new stuff), how different is it? And which do you think is better?
They're crap. Get the original LPs.
$harron Osbourne fell out with Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, and realised that if those two albums were re-released with their parts re-recorded, Bob and Lee wouldn't be entitled to any of the royalties.
Yet another example of that piece of slime destroying what's left of her husbands legacy.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
It barely matters, man. Seriously, the albums are about Randy. Sure, it was a dick move to take dudes off, but in the grand scheme of things it only matters on a personal, not a musical, level.
Pretty much just sounds like they were remastered, that's it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Danno13
It barely matters, man. Seriously, the albums are about Randy. Sure, it was a dick move to take dudes off, but in the grand scheme of things it only matters on a personal, not a musical, level.

So artistic integrity has no importance? Bob and Lee were just as much a part of the band as Randy, no disrespect to him, especialy in the songwriting department.

The bass and drums on the re-recorded versions sound flat and lifeless, losing all the nuances in the original versions. This is especialy bad in the drums, all the fills sound like they were done by a drum machine.

Whatever, I have my original LPs of the albums and I'll stick with those thank you very much. If someone is happy with these CDs, more fool them.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Mar 4, 2008,
thanks guys. i definitely agree that it was a dick move by sharron and ozzy to replace those tracks. however, like danno said, for me it's all about randy. but i'll see if i can get my hands on some of the originals to see if chylde's right about the tracks being flat.