its a kill switch that ''kills'' your ''sound'' for aslong as you hold the button in^^
you kan make on by your self or by it of ebay or somewere*
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
their really cheap and easy to install as well
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by Burning Star 4
their really cheap and easy to install as well

Seriously?
Don't you have to re-route your electronics, as well as cut a whole in the guitar's body to make room for it?

Back when I first saw Buckethead doing this, I thought the switch "strummed whatever notes you were holding, I had no idea how it worked. Then when I finally realized what it was about a year ago it made much more sense.
Gear:
-Ibanez S470 DXQM (Blue)
-Roland Cube 30X
Quote by toine
tom morello also uses this (ratm) but buckethead is better :p

No way! Tom Morello is better!

But Toms switch is harder to use cuz you have to flick it back and forth
Quote by e32lover
Title says it all

I know Tom Morello, for his killswitch, uses the volume on 1 pickup to 10 and the volume on another pickup to 0, then flicks the toggle switch back and forth.

I'm not sure if the Buckethead button does the same, but if it does, then thats one way to do it
you can make a detachable one just as easily if you dont want to drill your guitar heres the site i used to make mine it cost about six bucks to get all the stuff. made mine a few weeks ago and it sounds just like bucketheads
Buckethead's is simple to make and install, you essentially just have to cut a hole into the guitar's top, down to where the wires are and a little further. Put a spring in the bit below the wires, cut the wires, attach some kind of conductive material to the top of the spring, so that when the spring is relaxed, the circuit is connected. Then put something non-conductive on top of that, so when the spring is pushed down, the circuit is broken, and when released, it reconnects.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Killswitch.
Normally you can get them installed by a pro.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by toine
tom morello also uses this (ratm) but buckethead is better :p

tom morello doesn't use a killswitch if you're referring to what he did in "Bulls On Parade" he simply played with his pickup selector and scratched his strings to get that sound. what Green RATM Day said was true about how he does make the sound it's just not a killswitch its a staccato effect (don't quote me on how thats spelled)
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Last edited by Mattylightning at Mar 4, 2008,
They are pretty easy to install, so long as you know how to read the diagrams.

If not, you can buy them for about $4 and get them installed for 30ish, depending on where you go to get it fixed.
Quote by Mattylightning
tom morello doesn't use a killswitch if you're referring to what he did in "Bulls On Parade" he simply played with his pickup selector and scratched his strings to get that sound. what Green RATM Day said was true about how he does make the sound it's just not a killswitch its a staccato effect (don't quote me on how thats spelled)

It is effectively a killswitch. He flicks to one pickup with 0 volume, hence killinghis signal. It is a just a very simply way to do it.

And staccato is just a very short note, which killswitches are very useful for performing.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
yeah i guess you're right.... i still cant get it to work that way on my strat though >_< i'm probably gonna buy a killswitch this week and install it.
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

I would swear that in Tom Morello's gear rundown he explains that the "killswitch effect" he uses is actually a relatively cheap guitar with a faulty pos pu selector switch. As far as who is better than who, both are insanely talented and inventive; both are due respect and admiration.
This thread is 5 years old, it's dead.

Don't bump ancient threads.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com