KewlChristian
ultimate banner
821 IQ
how would i? walk up and ask for it and how would i get noiced?ask for someone to sign or wait
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
iTzMaTT
Pizza Pockets...ASSEMBLEE
422 IQ
Start where most gigs are found: downtown.
Here in Toronto we got places that are always flowing with gigs so my band knows where to look.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Ferrarone
Gremmie Out of Control
1,329 IQ
get a myspace, get to know people who run pubs or other places where there are bands playing, ask them etc!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
One good way is simply to call all the bars and clubs that you know hire bands, then ask if they have any openings. Another good way would be to talk to bands you already know who have gigs and see if they want somebody to open for them. Failing that try to make your own show. For the first time this is a good move because it puts you on the map if you do well at it.

Dutch_Apples Guide To Your Own Show
Tom Colohue is a writer from Blackpool, England, recognisable for his integrative descriptive work and his cynical textual mannerisms.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
HavokStrife
762 IQ
Walk right up to where you wanna play, preferably with another member or two of your band, and maybe a recording if you have it, go on in and tell someone you want a show and see what happens.

That's how my singer set out most of our contacts.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
sowhat360
UG Newbie
445 IQ
yeah if you're just walking in blind then you will need a recording, and i would suggested printing up a couple nice flyers. you want the people to think you know what you're doing and that it's not your first show.
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
a) have friends. if you know people who promote shows, then that is wonderful, because you can bully them into putting you onto a bill.

b) record a demo. even if it isnt amazing quality, just something which you can give to promoters and prove you don't suck or anything. give it to them. if you've also done (a), you can then also say something along the lines of 'hey, we also played at cool venue x and all the hepcats there thought we were 'da bomb' so to speak and swore they'd come and see us again and buy lots and lots of drinks'.

c) be quite good. then you won't feel bad for getting your friends to put you on and promoters won't just reject you out of hand.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.