What would roughly be the trade in value of a Gibson Les Paul Standard? Excellent condition, bought brand new in 1998.
It's terribly difficult to tell without looking at the guitar. Everyone has a different definition of "excellent condition" so it's something that's hard to quantify. Also consider the state of the local market where you're at. In some locations it's easier to demand a premium for high end guitars, in some locations you'll have to take a loss as the demand/financial freedom is less prevalent.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Gibson Les Paul cherry sunburst finish. Dunlop strap locks installed, but original strap buttons are still in the case. Don't know about neck profile ('50's or '60's..don't really know.)
I would say maybe $800, maybe $900 at the most. Reason being dealers tend to want to make twice what they have into it, and $1600 would be a fair price for a 10 year old Standard in nice shape. Just sell it privately unless you are doing a major trade up and just want to be rid of it.
Damn! Very nice guitar. Don't take it to Guitar Center. You'll show it to them and they'll be like "We'll give you 30 bucks for it."

That kind of **** has happened before.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by CJRocker
I would say maybe $800, maybe $900 at the most. Reason being dealers tend to want to make twice what they have into it, and $1600 would be a fair price for a 10 year old Standard in nice shape. Just sell it privately unless you are doing a major trade up and just want to be rid of it.

What do you mean by $900? It looks great for an 80s guitar and should sound awsome. I'd say that price you said of $1600 is an accurate price.
Quote by Mockingbird452
What do you mean by $900? It looks great for an 80s guitar and should sound awsome. I'd say that price you said of $1600 is an accurate price.

That is not an 80's guitar. It is a 1998 And this is TRADE IN value, not ebay value. Did you even read my post?

I hate people critical of GC's trade in practices. They are like every other store; they aren't Joe's Gear Exchange for cryin' out loud, they are in it to make money
Quote by CJRocker
That is not an 80's guitar. It is a 1998 And this is TRADE IN value, not ebay value. Did you even read my post?

I hate people critical of GC's trade in practices. They are like every other store; they aren't Joe's Gear Exchange for cryin' out loud, they are in it to make money

Oh I see, sorry. I didn't see that it was from 98 not 88.And I do understand that every store wants to make money.

I'd try to sell it locally or something, it depends though. I'd want to try to get what I paid for, but thats just me though, so you can do whatever.
Why do you want to sell it?

If your looking for maximum profit sell it to a friend for a couple hundred bucks less than what they would pay for one in a store.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
No Kidding! But a Les Paul... why DO you want to get rid of it? I wish I had an LP lol, but they're pretty spendy. Nonetheless if you're gonna sell it, definitely try to sell it to someone you know. Not only will your friend be getting a good deal, but you might be able to buy it back if you change your mind