Hey guys.

Just recently ive started saving to get myself a new tube amp. Im looking to spend around £1300 max ($2580...ish).

My main interest is the Orange Rockerverb range (30 or 50 combo) and the AD30 combo. I play mainly blues, rock and alt/metal, so I want something that can hold some decent cleans, which I know the Oranges can, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that when they're driven to hard they sometimes dont sound to hot. (Ill be trying one in the next week)

So, my question: is this true about driving the orange amps? And are there any other tube amps you can recomend that still hold decent cleans when driven?
Guitars:
Tanglewood Les Paul Copy
Fender Standard Telecaster (Mexican)

Amp:
Marshall VS100R

Pedals:
Ibanez TS7
Nobels PH-D Phaser
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Mini Metal Muff
Jim Dunlop Wahhhhhh
My main interest is the Orange Rockerverb range (30 or 50 combo) and the AD30 combo. I play mainly blues, rock and alt/metal, so I want something that can hold some decent cleans, which I know the Oranges can, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that when they're driven to hard they sometimes dont sound to hot. (Ill be trying one in the next week)

No its just the opisite, the harder you drive any tube amp the better the OD channel will sound. The clean channel the will start to break up when you push the volume knob up with any tube amp. When you do that you will know because it will start to sound like 60-70 rock OD, this the power tubes over driving. 30 watts on a 412 cab will get pretty loud even on the clean channel with out it starting to OD, its enough for most people nearly all gigs. 50 watts will be all the clean head room that any one would ever need, both will get over drums with ease. If you mike your amp 30 watts tube is really enough for almost everyone, I run my Peavey Classic30 through a 412 cab and have never need any more clean head room then what I have. Outdoors I have to stay pretty close to the Cab when its on clean, but I never have any trouble hearing my self.
The Rocker 30 is an awesome amp, That is the amp I really want.