Ok, you guys are always helpful when I've got guitar problems. Last time I was on here I was asking about guitar string gauges and you guys told me which would work for me.

Now I need some help again...

I've bought a 2nd hand bass but it needs a lot of repair work. I'm trying to fix the superficial for now and let an expert handle the serious electric problems with it. Does anyone know a quick way to get rid of the residue left from stickers, I've got little sticky patches all over it, pickguard, headstock and body. I want my bass looking half decent when I take it in for repair so the store owners don't try and fleece me for repairs.

Number 2... I'm thinking of getting an effects pedal. I was looking at multi-effects as a start so I can find a sound I like and then later buy a dedicated pedal with the function I like. I'm torn between two. A Digitech RP50 or a Behringer FX100, I like the detuning function of the FX100 but the RP50 has more modes (I think). I live in the UK so if anyone knows a cheap place to buy equipment let me know.

If anyone needs to know what gear I'm running I've got...

Squire Strat
Fender Frontman 15G
Bluerock FX-10B
Hohner P-Bass

Thanks guys.
just get a damp cloth, and get the residue wet, then just scrape it off with a razor.

for the effects, do not get a guitar effects pedal for your bass. if you want a decent bass multi-effects, look at a Digitech BP200
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
The effect pedal would be for my guitar, if I'm getting anything for my bass it's a bigger amp lol.
O, then alright

a good pedal would be the RP250 or RP350, they both have the expression pedal and USB so you can plug it into a computer and tweak your sound on screen without touching the pedal

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

I've been looking at some with expression pedals but they're a little beyond my budget. I know a good piece of kit will last me years but it's going to cost me and I'm just a skint student lol.
you could find a used RP250 on ebay probably for around $100 USD, but they're only $150 USD brand new.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

So I was in town yesterday and checked out a couple of stores. Managed to find a brand new FX-600 for £22 (about $45?). Not back until the weekend so I can't give a try until then.