It's where you play a note really fast. It's the only thing Slayer does in their music, listen to them for an example.
Quote by Chordzzz
It's where you play a note really fast. It's the only thing Slayer does in their music, listen to them for an example.

fail

that's bashing first of all
and wron secondly

slayer uses triplets and 'speed picking' which is like tremulo picking only its not used as a technical skill

to TS:
tremulo picking is a rapid picking patern that generally has you repeating a note but sometimes thats not so, ideal examples are Nile (songs like Lashed to the Slave Stick, Unas the Slayer of Gods, and Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve its Possesor Against Attacks from He Who is in the Water) also listen to All That Remains' Six
Basically, it's picking a note as fast as you can with no regards to rhythm or timing.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Just picking a note as fast as you can with alternative picking (up and down), and remember use your wrist not your whole arm or else you will likely get tired very fast! I always think of Amon Amarth and the song I with Meshuggah (but the only tremolo picking there is from 1:34 to 1:57) when i hear the word tremolo picking

And i also find it often that Black Metal bands use Tremolo Picking alot but i don't really know i don't like black metal...
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Yeeah!!!
Tremolo Picking is a great technique to use in solo's, especially at the end in a descending pattern. If you want a good example, listen to the end of George Lynch's solo in 'Tooth and Nail' by Dokken. It's some old 80's tunes, but the tapping and tremolo picking in it is some of the best I've ever heard.

BTW: While I'm not particularly fond of Slayer, awesomeness is right. It's not Trem. Slammin' Slayer's like slamming Iron Maiden: It's just not something you do...
tremolo picking is when you rip out the trem of your backup guitar and use it as a pick :P.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Listen to Misirlou by Dick Dale.

That whole song is practically trem picking.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by awesomness_n.n

fail

that's bashing first of all
and wron secondly

slayer uses triplets and 'speed picking' which is like tremulo picking only its not used as a technical skill

to TS:
tremulo picking is a rapid picking patern that generally has you repeating a note but sometimes thats not so, ideal examples are Nile (songs like Lashed to the Slave Stick, Unas the Slayer of Gods, and Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve its Possesor Against Attacks from He Who is in the Water) also listen to All That Remains' Six

listion to Gorgoroths krig or any black metal song and tremolo picking will be present.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Muse's Knights of Cydonia (the intro riff, I know the solo's alt-picked) has a good amount of tremolo in it, in fact I'd say about a quater of Muse songs involve Matt Bellamy pwning his guitar with pure speed.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Listen to Bold As Love by Jimi Hendrix. The background guitar in the chorus is doing tremelo picking.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Not to brag or anything, but go to my profile and listen to "Il-Holma". The intro is basically all done in tremolo picking.
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
Quote by Sakattack75
listen to some megadeth. dave mustaine loves his trem pickin

+1
Also, the solo in Metallica's Master of Puppets has alot of tremolo picking in it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1