anybody know of a freeware program that will capture what ur soundcard is playing and allow you to export the audio as an mp3? i know there are some available, i just cant find them haha

thanks
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Quote by schecter_guy
audacity

can audacity do that? i have it, but i use it to record what im playing, i meant like a program where i could play say a YouTube video on my computer, and then just capture the sound off of it, so i could watch music videos and get the music and put it on my ipod
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Quote by led_zeppelin678
can audacity do that? i have it, but i use it to record what im playing, i meant like a program where i could play say a YouTube video on my computer, and then just capture the sound off of it, so i could watch music videos and get the music and put it on my ipod

Yes. Set the recording input to mixer, or something like that.
Quote by saphrax
Yes. Set the recording input to mixer, or something like that.

ok sweet... how do i go about doing that?
lol sorry guys, but im a n00b, help me!

haha
thanks
Quote by britneyspears69
Why not just download the video itself using an addon to Firefox and convert it to mpeg with a program called handbrake?
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
ok mine gives me two choices... "Line In" and "Mic"
...and niether works when i click record and then play a YouTube vid... :[
Quote by britneyspears69
Quote by led_zeppelin678
ok mine gives me two choices... "Line In" and "Mic"
...and niether works when i click record and then play a YouTube vid... :[

Well, then you've got a ****e soundcard, and you can't do it. Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. you could run a cable from your line out to your line in I guess.

The reasoning for why you want to do this is bizarre though. why don't you just download the track from your favourite P2P clients rather then this long winded way which will end up with poor sound quality? It's copyright infringement either way, so you may as well get good quality stuff whilst your at it!
Quote by saphrax
Well, then you've got a ****e soundcard, and you can't do it. Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. you could run a cable from your line out to your line in I guess.

The reasoning for why you want to do this is bizarre though. why don't you just download the track from your favourite P2P clients rather then this long winded way which will end up with poor sound quality? It's copyright infringement either way, so you may as well get good quality stuff whilst your at it!

haha yeah.... alrite i give up haha
thanks for the help dude
Quote by britneyspears69