What recording program should I use with my pocket pod? Audoicty dosen't seem to reconize it, and Reaper does, it's just I don't know how to get Reaper to record with it.
You can't record directly through USB with pocket POD...
What I do is I connect the headphone out direct to my soundcard's line in and record from there. Make sure your soundcard has a preamp jack or u might fry it.
Quote by hminh87
You can't record directly through USB with pocket POD...
What I do is I connect the headphone out direct to my soundcard's line in and record from there. Make sure your soundcard has a preamp jack or u might fry it.

How would you fry it?

Just go POD > line in. you should be able to boost the signal high enough with the POD not to need a preamp.
Quote by sam i am
How would you fry it?

Just go POD > line in. you should be able to boost the signal high enough with the POD not to need a preamp.

Ah... What was I thinking... The headphone jack is already giving good signals level for the PC line in. The amp out jack is what people should look out for.

Anyway, here's the most simple way to do it:
Pocket POD [HEADPHONE OUT] > PC [LINE IN / MICROPHONE]

What i'm using is a little more advanced than that since I want to record both the guitar + Backing track (from PC speaker to POD CD/MP3in) in one go.

Now, I connect my PC speaker's headphone/line-out to the pocket POD's CD/MP3-in for the backing track. Headphone/Line-out jack to PC's line-in as normally would. Both the backing track from the PC and my guitar sound will go together through the POD to PC's line in/Microphone port. That's where the recording should take place.
Make sure to mute the microphone on your PC's setting since there will be a bad loop from the backing track...
Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by Deadmen
What does that mean? sorry man, I'm not good with these kind o things.

Take the output of your pod (headphone jack or your normal output adn plug it into the line in of your pc soundcard, it should be be a headphone sized hole with a blue ring around. you will need to get an appropraiet cable to go between the two.
Quote by TechnicolorType
Even though Line In recording sucks.

Not if you got a card which can handle the task...