hiya there

bought this epi SG for a low price in a second hand shop, hoping i could modify it, but as im saving up for a car i may want to make a small profit.

anyway, the serial no, is....

MC22010143 (not been able to trace it myself yet )

it looks old, the body is like the current SG special model, however the neck is not the same type of neck, this ones a "bolt on" (i mean its like normal wood, not like the same finish as the body like on current SG's) all somthing techincal that i dont understand. also the logo on headstock is different, its like a letter E with almost RAF style wings, one like ive never seen before

if anyone knows anything about this type of SG, ie age / value

please help

thanks
dan
i thought that too, epis werent around in the 20s lol

had a look inside the body and its all original epiphone stock parts, so i know for sure that the body is genuine and not a fake body with an epi neck stuck on

hmmm hopefully someone out there knows
^very impossible, the SG didn't exist in 1922:P. This guitar is more than likely a fake, since the serial number actually states that it was built at that plant, but in 2022, not 1922.

Edit: It is entirely possible that the guitar is a second or third stolen from the factory, thus making it appear real, but in actually it is not.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by cptcomet
Epiphone was around then, but the SG model wasn't.

60's I think.

That's what I thought
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Second Hand shops do sell a lot of fakes. I got a Les Paul copy from one. I knew it was a copy though. If they didn't tell you it was a fake then you can get your money back, it's incorrectly described as the real deal.

When you sell it on you'll have to make it known that it's a copy, which could result in you getting a lower price than what you originally paid.
Quote by cptcomet

When you sell it on you'll have to make it known that it's a copy, which could result in you getting a lower price than what you originally paid.

If it says Epi on it he's not supposed to sell it at all, even if he admits its a fake.
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Because someone has illegally used the Epiphone name? Yeh that sounds about right.

The only way he can really make money is to take it back and ask for his money back, providing he has proof that he bought it from them.
Quote by cptcomet
Because someone has illegally used the Epiphone name? Yeh that sounds about right.

The only way he can really make money is to take it back and ask for his money back, providing he has proof that he bought it from them.

Yeah that's what I think anyway

I would just keep it though
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
pics? i have seen a FEW epiphones with different kinds of logos, but they were limited run or special edition