so, i really don't have a chance to get out much so i was wondering which one i should get. i'm about to receive a pretty decent chunk of cash and will have enough for one of them. if you could, list some pro's and con's of each and describe their tone if possible. i play everything from old classic rock such as zeppelin and boston to some pretty hard rock but not a lot of metal. so thanks in advance.
Quote by Highwaytohell
From what I have read about, blackhearts are unbelievable...

in a good way? i've heard good stuff about both but i was wondering how they compare to each other.
I haven't seen the Blackhearts over here in Old Blighty yet, but I've heard a lot of positive reviews. In combo form I'd take the Blackheart due to the speakers alone, but you'd be best trying them both out.
Have a look at the Harley Benton GA15 on thomann.de - it's basically a Valve Jr uprated to 15 watts and with extra preamp control. Costs around £100 ($200) I think - bargain of the century!
All of the 5W amps are pretty similar. I'd go with the Epi VJ over the Blackheart largely because it has the longer track record. I also like having all the mods available to the VJ at my disposal.

The big advantage to the Blackheart is the tone controls, but that can be taken care of by getting a Danelectro Fish & Chips eq pedal.

Also worth looking into is the Palomino V8 combo. It has a master and a gain, so you can get some good pre amp OD out of it at lower volumes.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'd say blackheart, I've heard it sounds pretty good, especially for the price.
Weekend Warrior
palomino. has more controllable gain.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
palomino. has more controllable gain.

how much is the palomino anyway? if its over about 250 USD then i can't afford it.
Quote by ortrigger
how much is the palomino anyway? if its over about 250 USD then i can't afford it.

It's cheap!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.