I am using this wiring diagram to wire up my danelectro build. I am wondering if there is any way it is right. In the middle position, the hot wire and the ground wire are connected. The bridge and neck position work, but I get nothing in the middle.
all vintage danelctros had the two pickups in series. I am rebuilding this as close to original as I can, but the only diagram I came across doesn't work in the middle position.
Check your solder contacts. That schematic is technically right.

-Mick.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
It is a new switch. I will keep checking solder joints. And I guess I should restate my "rebuilding as close to original" statement. As close to SOUNDING original. That's better. And thanks guys. I also sent a message to seymour duncan and they said they will put a diagram up in a few days.
Quote by end_citizen
It is a new switch. I will keep checking solder joints. And I guess I should restate my "rebuilding as close to original" statement. As close to SOUNDING original. That's better. And thanks guys. I also sent a message to seymour duncan and they said they will put a diagram up in a few days.
That's your problem. 3-way switches for parallel wiring simply don't work for series wiring. You need a center OFF position to use both pickups when they are wired in parallel. When the center ON position connects all 3 lugs, it shorts the signal to ground. Exactly the problem you're having.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.