Page 1 of 2
The ticket release date has been announced

The Official Site says that they will be released 31st March at 7pm

So who will be going? Who do you want to see there? What do you think of rumoured headliners The Killers, Rage Against The Machine, and Metallica? Discuss
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
I think that minus the Killers, those headliners would be EPIC.

And if Municipal Waste go again, then bonus!
With how they actually organise the headliners, that's damned unlikely.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Im 90% sure that the NME predicted those headliners, and they normally get them sort of right. The Killers, im not sure about seen as they have had no new material since last year, apart from an album of b-sides. RATM are almost definitely playing, apparently their tour schedule leaked. And Metallica should have an album out and arent playing any other festies yet, so it makes sense.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
Yeah, I was gutted I couldnt go last year, but I'll have the money this year and I LOVE the Killers!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

i thought last year was dissapointing, good to see carling sponsership gone. i might go for the day but its probably just green man for me this year.
Ooh, since when did they drop the Carling Sponsorship?

I'm well looking forwards to this year, missed last year 'cause I was in Oz. Would make sense for Rage to play, they've been headlined all the festivals over there. I hope they do, they'd be awesome to see!

I just want the lockup stage to be good really, that's all i go for!
I think that Hadouken and Dizzee Rascal are self confirmed (for those of you who's musical tastes aren't limited to metal ).

I personally cannot wait. I'm not into Metallica, but I love The Killers and RATM.
Quote by pInK_eLePhAnT
Ooh, since when did they drop the Carling Sponsorship?

I'm well looking forwards to this year, missed last year 'cause I was in Oz. Would make sense for Rage to play, they've been headlined all the festivals over there. I hope they do, they'd be awesome to see!

I just want the lockup stage to be good really, that's all i go for!

My friends have known about the Carling sponsorship for months now, so...

Anyway, I can't afford to go, even if I could I'm not sure I would, especially not with Metallica headlining.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Apparently blackthorn cider is going to replace carsling.... my body hates cider ever since one night in july throwing up for 4 hours damnit
really enjoyed last year and 2006, so hopefully this'll be good too

last year the last 3 bands of sunday were epic, Lostprophets, NIN then Smashing Pumpkins, I wish I could go see 2008 again
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Sunday was epic last year, though I missed NIN coz i was raving it with my friends. I was EXTREMELY pissed off. I wanted to see them so bad.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
Last year was terrible, but even if only some of the rumours are true, it'll be way better this year.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
If Tallica and RATM both go I am in a serious dilemma.

I will HAVE to buy a weekend ticket, I think.
Considering quite seriously going. Hopefully they'll announce the headliners before the 31st, though I don't know how these things work.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Babyshambles and RATM, sh*t hot. I just hope I'll have the money to go this year.

Metallica can p*ss off for all I care, though.
RATM and Metallica has to be the most epic headline set ever. The only way it could be more epic is if it was Iron Maiden or Opeth instead of The Killers.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Considering quite seriously going. Hopefully they'll announce the headliners before the 31st, though I don't know how these things work.

Unless we are very lucky, the headliners will be announced 30 minutes before the tickets go on sale. Which is a bit irritating, but Im not really that bothered cause Im gonna try and get tickets no matter who is playing
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
I wouldn't rule out Biffy Clyro...
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
This will sound ridiculous but I don't know if I want both RATM and Tallica playing... If they do then I will have to buy a weekend ticket, I was planning on just a day ticket.

If RATM AND Metallica play it will seriously be the best its been since what, 2003, or since RATM last played...
Quote by SmarterChild
RATM and Metallica has to be the most epic headline set ever. The only way it could be more epic is if it was Iron Maiden or Opeth instead of The Killers.

Disagree, this isn't a metal festival, it has to cater for everyone.

Quote by Jackolas
This will sound ridiculous but I don't know if I want both RATM and Tallica playing... If they do then I will have to buy a weekend ticket, I was planning on just a day ticket.

If RATM AND Metallica play it will seriously be the best its been since what, 2003, or since RATM last played...

I think Rage last played in 2000
Last edited by filthandfury at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by filthandfury

Okay well... Having one of the finest metal acts ever and one of the most original and explosive reformed groups would be no bad thing.

The franchise needs some real world class acts. It hasn't had any in a while. Pearl Jam yes, a few others yes; but there sets have often been a dissapointment. Even die hard RHCP fans were really let down, so I hear.
Quote by Jackolas
The franchise needs some real world class acts. It hasn't had any in a while. Pearl Jam yes, a few others yes; but there sets have often been a dissapointment. Even die hard RHCP fans were really let down, so I hear.

O.o

NIN....?

Muse....?
Quote by filthandfury

I wasn't saying that they should be the headliners, I was simply passing comment on the epicness of the lineup.
I shall be trying to get a weekend ticket, if Rage confirm. Remember, it isn't just the music. It's 3 days of being blind drunk as well .
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by SmarterChild
I wasn't saying that they should be the headliners, I was simply passing comment on the epicness of the lineup.

Ah, fair enough
There better be Biffy...

Those headliners couldn't be bad...

Sounds EPIC With Tallica and Rage, I would give extra to see Muse at it too...(I'm not the only one, hopefully, probably)

Anyone know how much It'll cost?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
I'll be there.

Gallows self confirmed at their Astoria Show on Friday Night.

However the festival to be at this summer is Rock Am Ring in Germany. Metallica and Rage are already confirmed as 2 of the 3 headliners, and downloads best headliner (Lostprophets) Have just been announced for the ring too.

As for costs. Reading will be about £160 for camping weekend tickets. Demand is stupidly high so know that number before 7pm friday 31st. Rock Am Ring is 130 euros (£100 ish) for a weekend camping ticket and transport less than that (90 quid round trip by train). Chuck in 100 euros beer money and you're set.
These bands are "supposedly" self confirmed, so make of it what you will.

Frank Turner
The Blackout
Laura Marling
Parka
British Sea Power
The Paddingtons
Less Then Jake
Serj Tankian
Blood Red Shoes
The Grit
Goldfinger
Hadouken!
Manic Street Preachers
The Cribs
Modest Mouse
This Et Al
iLiKETRAiNS
Dizzee Rascal
Foals
Gallows
Set Your Goals
Quite a few good ones in there. I think they would be three awesome headliners, Killers are a good indie headliner. Radiohead would have been ideal, but ill definitely settle for killers. Looking forward to Frank T again, and cant wait to see MSP and Modest Mouse.
Harold Bishop Fan Club Member #3

Originally posted by balltounge

Fatboy beat me, that lad has taste...and its meaty.
Quote by Hammerzeit
I'll be there.

Gallows self confirmed at their Astoria Show on Friday Night.

However the festival to be at this summer is Rock Am Ring in Germany. Metallica and Rage are already confirmed as 2 of the 3 headliners, and downloads best headliner (Lostprophets) Have just been announced for the ring too.

As for costs. Reading will be about £160 for camping weekend tickets. Demand is stupidly high so know that number before 7pm friday 31st. Rock Am Ring is 130 euros (£100 ish) for a weekend camping ticket and transport less than that (90 quid round trip by train). Chuck in 100 euros beer money and you're set.

****! I don't know how I am gonna raise £140...
Quote by fatboy
Quite a few good ones in there. I think they would be three awesome headliners, Killers are a good indie headliner. Radiohead would have been ideal, but ill definitely settle for killers. Looking forward to Frank T again, and cant wait to see MSP and Modest Mouse.

If it was The Killers, RATM, and Radiohead, I think I probably would've wet myself.
I was already intending to go, but I didn't really mind if I went without a ticket. Once I heard RATM could be playing, I decided I had to go at all costs.

EDIT: I don't know if this has been said, but to narrow down your rumours a little, it's been announced that the headliners are all American.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by filthandfury
If it was The Killers, RATM, and Radiohead, I think I probably would've wet myself.

If that is the line up I know which day ticket I'd buy.
Quote by Jackolas
If that is the line up I know which day ticket I'd buy.

RATM?

It's gotta be RATM, really, because you could see the other bands on tour.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
The reading/leeds organiser said ages ago that he wanted to try and book RATM. Now RATM have agreed to play T in the park, surely they're going to have said yes to reading/leeds as well.
woah awesome headliners, if killers do their first album! even if it was poppy it's better than the **** they've been churning out lately!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'll be there.

Dont even care if the bands are **** to be honest.

Would be good if they had a decent dance tent too.
I'll be going... Can't wait... Missed out last year. Gonna have to, if only for Rage.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

I think ill be going (hopefully, its just after payday ) but im not too keen on either of the headliners. Im looking out for great, non headline bands. I mean RAtM are okay and a few of my friends have walked out on at least 2 Metallica gigs because they were "boring". Now obviously, Ill see for myself but Im hoping there will be better bands playing and not just a giant weekend of crappy brit pop.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Page 1 of 2