So.. I'm having my first ever Uni interview tomorrow. And I really, REALLY want this place.

What should I expect? What kind of things are they looking for??

Any help will be much appreciated!!
Depends what the course is.

If its a really sought after course like law, it'll probably be really testing you.

I've applied for geology at various places however, and because theres not that many applicants and no real stand-out uni for geology, all my interviews have just been them telling me how good their university/department is, to try and get me to go there.
this is why you do physcology at college before you go to uni
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan

wait, what?

How will physcology help? Its not like it'll help you do an interview better if thats what you mean.
It depends on the institution.

UCL asked me questions on chemistry.

Surrey asked me questions based on my personal statement and chemistry.

I didnt do well in the Surrey interview at all but I aced the UCL one.... I went to Surrey anyway because it has more links to industry than UCL does, is in a better location and is in the top 10 for chemistry (2007/2008) as a degree and the top in employment rates.(2006/2007).

(Plus I didnt like UCL's labs or the guy who interviewed me. He wasnt a nice guy).
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by rancidryan

I did actually... but that was 3 years ago and not relevant, so I don't think it helps, haha.

I'm applying for Veterinary Nursing at the Royal London Veterinary College, if that gives people a better idea? I'm well nervous!
At most of my interviews, I was asked specific questions about the subject, all except for York, where I was mainly asked about my personal statement and interests in the subject. I would say it's fair to expect questions on the subject and current events/discoveries in the subject, and questions on your personal statement - hobbies, previous jobs, everything you've written down; though this probably doesn't really help as much as you'd like, perhaps I could help more if I knew what the course and university was?
5 offers ftw

But relax, maintain eye contact, keep hand gestures down and don't sound nervous.

Fire questions back at them as well or else it will be very stale
Read up on some biology, and then mention and quote at titles and parts etc at will lightly. If you could pull off you got some genuine interest in that area, that'd impress them, it'll show your more likely to keep bashing at it.
Yeh thats a good point. Definately think of some things to ask the interviewer. S/He wont be impressed if they ask if you have any questions and you just say no.
Luckily were i applied to i don't get interviews, though you should have some practice interviews, my school organises some.
Hmm, I apparently read every post except for the important one just above mine...

Yeah, read up on the subject, and try and show them how enthusiastic you are about studying it at the interview, they're likely to make allowances for nervousness, and will most likely try and ease you into it at least in the beginning.
Good luck
I had an interview at the 2nd best journalism school in the country, and i got the HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT's recommendation for admission

interviews, i find, are just too easy. for a job, or for school, either way they're pretty easy.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by rancidryan

What's that, like a cross between physics and ecology?
Quote by pInK_eLePhAnT
So.. I'm having my first ever Uni interview tomorrow. And I really, REALLY want this place.

What should I expect? What kind of things are they looking for??

Any help will be much appreciated!!

i had an interview when i applied to uni. but it was at oxford, which this one isn't, obviously, since they were all in december. it was just general intellectual prodding if that makes sense, testing how and how well you think. however, different places use interviews for very different things, so i couldn't really say for certain how it will be.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
5 offers ftw

But relax, maintain eye contact, keep hand gestures down and don't sound nervous.

i got six
I'm in 2nd year of manchester uni - psychology. Basically i didn't get any interviews myself...got accepted at all 6 of my choices. What's id recommend tho is try to show that your interest in the subject lies further than wanting a job with lots of money. Try think of a couple of famous books or people in the field and try do a bit of research on them! You need to stand out basically and they should help...let the pit know how you do by the way :-P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Rocking-Rob
your only allowed to apply for 5 now

ha! take that, sucker!

although actually i didn't actually have any intention of ever going to my 6th choice uni. courses that not many places do FTW!!!!
Quote by Rocking-Rob
5 offers ftw

Brilliant. Sorry. Good points...