so I was thinking of getting the Epiphone Goth Les Paul, but before I get it I wanted some input from people who know about it or own(ed) it. Its $299.99 and if anyone knows where I can buy it for a lower price, that would be appreciated as well.
It's basically a fine guitar for the price. The wood is decent, tuners are not great but okay, the overall quality isn't bad at all. Only problem are the pickups. Don't get me wrong, they are not bad. They are HORRIBLE. If you exchange them later on you'll have a really good guitar for little money.
i wouldnt do it, save the extra money and get the standard... the flat black finish on the epi goth guitars is so awful, its impossible to keep clean without streaks and smudges
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by TheQuailman
It's basically a fine guitar for the price. The wood is decent, tuners are not great but okay, the overall quality isn't bad at all. Only problem are the pickups. Don't get me wrong, they are not bad. They are HORRIBLE. If you exchange them later on you'll have a really good guitar for little money.

but how would you exchange the pick ups?
A dude at school has one and let me try it, it's not a bad guitar at all for the price. I really liked the feel of it, maybe a pickup change would be useful.
but how would you exchange the pick ups?

I never did it myself, but you can ask a guitar tech at the local store to do it for you. It's better that way as you have to adjust the pickup's height in order to get a good sound. A new pickup will cost you about 100$ for a quality one like seymour duncan or dimarzio. The tech will charge you about 20$ for putting a pickup in. So that's 120$ per pickup, 240$ if you replace both (though you can maybe get it cheaper, it depends on your country and the shop of course).
I know this is a load of cash, but it's worth every cent.
I played it and didn't like it at all. It was the finish I liked least. Didn't play much better than it looked. Sorry but I would say save up for something better.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.