I think Ibanez is a great choice for a first guitar. My first guitar was an IbanezRG120. My advice is go to your local guitar store, and play with a few there first. It's a little risky purchasing stuff online, you don't know what condition it may be in when you get it, or if it is in good condition you don't know if you'll actual like that specific one. I'd try finding one at your local guitar shop (you can always get them to lower their prices as well).
Quote by Metal_Ibanez_89
Someones selling an Ibanez RG4exqm1. This is origionally a $500 guitar. SOmeones sellign it for $250. Should I go for the deal? Heres the link if you dotn knwo what ibanez this is.

Its the blue swirl paint not black
http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar-519785-i1168031.Music123

As long as there's nothing wrong with it that's a pretty fair deal but make sure you check it for damage first.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
He said theres no damage to it but he also said he didn't like it. Its a craigs list thing. He said theres no dent, or scratches in it. How can we test it when hes gonng to brign it over and meet me at soem store for it?
Quote by Metal_Ibanez_89
is it a good idea?

I'd say as long as you don't have to buy it straight off, just make sure you try it first and take a good look over it for damage.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.