I need a good AMP for a Metal sound and atleast 120-Watts. Any suggestions? I plan on spending $600. Less is better tho
Quote by pls5055
what are you gonna do with 120 watts?

Maybe he's gigging?
Quote by Harry-
Maybe he's gigging?

I'm sure it's simply a practice amp for his flat
I'd say a marshall avt 275, though I am pretty sure that it costs a little more than 600$. If you are going to gig with a band, you should rather consider a smaller amp (50w would be enough), because you'd mic it and amplify your amp with the pa-system, giving you better sound than just a cranked 120w amp.
^ I agree. AVT's aren't as bad as some people say, at least in my experience anyway. My band normally gigs at school shows, and we use the schools Marshall AVT's, and they are pretty good. Quite versatile too. Try one out first though.
Seeing as how your current amp is a 30-watt Marshall MG, you're probably thinking about getting another solid state. Sadly, the 120-watt solid states in that range are all going to be Marshall MGs and Line 6 Spiders.

If you want a good metal TUBE amp, go for a Peavey Valveking (if you need some cleans too) or a Windsor (if you want all-out dirty tones). Going for a used Peavey 5150/6505 is also an option.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Seeing as how your current amp is a 30-watt Marshall MG, you're probably thinking about getting another solid state. Sadly, the 120-watt solid states in that range are all going to be Marshall MGs and Line 6 Spiders.

If you want a good metal TUBE amp, go for a Peavey Valveking (if you need some cleans too) or a Windsor (if you want all-out dirty tones). Going for a used Peavey 5150/6505 is also an option.

I'm thinking of buying a Valveking 112 or 212.

Got some couple of questions for this amp.

I know it's loud enough to play in a band and to do small gigs with, but can it really handle that heavy metal sound? I'm referring to Iron Maiden/Metallica.

The only pedal I got is a ZoomG2 multiFX. I get a little bir more distortion with that one. And I haven't money to buy both this amp AND a OD pedal...

Help please.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Sakattack75
go with a marshall kerry king signature or a randall kirk hammett signature.

they're both priced over $1000.

Get a used B-52 or a bugera.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by DrNick

Don't forget the Randall's. They are pretty heavy solid states and they don't cost the farm either =)