So my Ibanez RG120 won't give me any sound anymore. It's a problem with the wiring. But instead of fixing it I'm having Guitar Center replace it. Since I bought their replacement plan when I got it. So they are sending me a check for the retail price of the guitar which means I can get anything I want...

So I went into guitar center today and started playing guitars. I started out playing all Ibanezes because I like the feel so much. But the GC by me doesn't have a good selection of them at all. So I messed around with.. Epiphones... Fenders... and Schecters...

I found this one that I really liked...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar-513103-i1147996.gc?mode=1&qso=2

Does anyone have any advise on this guitar. I have read tons of reviews and they seem to be positive but I trust the UG community more than Musicians Friend and Guitar Center reviews.

I'm spending $400-450

Thanks in advance.
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Last edited by creativlogic at Mar 4, 2008,
I have the Damien-7, and I think it's a pretty nice guitar, so I'd recommend this one.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I'd recommend the Damiens too; however, do you NEED a trem? There are other viable options out there with fixed bridges.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I think like all schecter guitars are good =)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by DrNick
I'd recommend the Damiens too; however, do you NEED a trem? There are other viable options out there with fixed bridges.

Need a Trem? I don't know... I don't use my current one at all but I figured that it might be easier to get one with a Trem than have to buy another guitar if I wanted one in the future.
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
i also have a damien 7 string. dude get that schecter damien fr it must sound just as good as the damien 7
hrm....

well i recently got a schecter blackjack, and tbh i prefer my old ibanez so far. Sure the schecter sounds awesome but i cant get teh action as low as i would like it without mega buzz or dead frets, it could just be that i like it ridiculously low, but... just thought id say.
you really can't go wrong with Schecters, they don't make a single model that doesn't kick-ass
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
Quote by backtothe70s
I think like all schecter guitars are good =)

+1
my C1-Classic plays like a dream.
Quote by Megallica666
+1
my C1-Classic plays like a dream.

mine too *high five*
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
ive got a base line schecter, the omen six. i love this guitar. great setup out of the box. super low action with no fret buzz or dead frets. the pickups suck but replace them with some duncans and your golden. great guitar, great feel, great price. i dont think there is another manufacturer out there who can provide the same bang for the buck that schecter does. i wouldnt recommend the fr tho, but thats just my taste.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by backtothe70s
mine too *high five*

Mine too! *high ten*
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
yeah schecters generally kick ass, the only thing is you might want to have the pots and wiring replaced. i had the action and intonation plus the pots replaced and the wiring redone for like $50
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
I think at that range there best guitars for the price
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by Chevelle454
yeah schecters generally kick ass, the only thing is you might want to have the pots and wiring replaced. i had the action and intonation plus the pots replaced and the wiring redone for like $50

that I could agree with... I dont think the tone and volume is very responsive :/
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Make sure thats an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose trem and not a Licensed Floyd (they wear out, won't stay in tune.)
Quote by uldhppi
Make sure thats an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose trem and not a Licensed Floyd (they wear out, won't stay in tune.)

It depends on who made the Licensed ones, I'm not sure off hand which ones Schecter uses, but some of them are nearly as good as the Originals, and some are arguably better (the Ibanez Edge was a licensed Floyd Rose). Licensed doesn't mean worse, it is just that most companies are making them for lower end guitars, so they try to save costs.
As far as I know, yes, the Damien has a Schecter-made LFR, but I haven't heard any complaints. The Guitar Center near me had a set-up Damien FR and the trem stayed in tune through a lot of acrobatics.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard